Author Topic: 4 1/2 weeks post op... NOT happy at all... PLEASE help  (Read 4185 times)

Offline notweakwilled

• Posting Member
I've posted a few threads regarding post op healing. Here we are at 4 1/2 weeks and I am just miserable. I have pain - I have blood coming out of the wound - at a loss of what to do. Healing is not happening. Surgeon has not responded to emails in 3 days. He is located in California. I'm located in Ohio. At a total loss - this is destroying my life. Here are current pictures. Please advice what to do. Thanks so much

hammer

What you need to do is be patient healing takes time!

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
The picture right nipple looks really questionable..have you been using antibiotic ointment under bandages/dressings? Changing them daily? Just a thought. Everything else looks ok to me. Like hammer said, healing takes time, sometimes longer for some than others.

Offline notweakwilled

• Posting Member
What you need to do is be patient healing takes time!

Yes healing takes time but that doesn't always mean that's the answer to keep giving concerned people post op!

Just because everything is normal for "most" people doesn't necessarily mean that's the answer.

As of those pictures today, my surgeon is concerned and said it's not normal at all - so I would say being observant and paying close attention to prevent farther damage is better than just "being patient."

Offline notweakwilled

• Posting Member
The picture right nipple looks really questionable..have you been using antibiotic ointment under bandages/dressings? Changing them daily? Just a thought. Everything else looks ok to me. Like hammer said, healing takes time, sometimes longer for some than others.

Been using Bacitracin Zinc Ointment every night and putting new guaze on. Kind of freaked out about cleaning that area but doing my best. Been to the ER twice in the past week but none of the doctors seem to have a clue. One said he thought it was a hematoma but didn't want to do anything about it because he didn't know "the details of my surgery."

I have an appt on Monday with a local plastic surgeon - we will see what they actually say. Definitely NOT getting better and as of 5 weeks post op, this is NOT normal healing whatsoever. I should be "mostly" healed by this point according to the docs I've talked to. Yes it can take months to see full results but these WOUNDS aren't even healed yet. Still open and actually bleeding. That's definitely not normal.

hammer

I have seen people have less trouble having legs and arms amputated then I have seen with guys getting tity reductions on this forum! This alone would make me keep my double "d"s!

And don't come back and try to tell me I don't know what surgeries are like, as I have more then just a few under by belt and over it as well!

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I'm not a doctor but I think the "still bleeding" thing is concerning. Did you send these pics to your doctor?

I'm at 2 1/2 weeks, but I don't have any bleeding.

Offline notweakwilled

• Posting Member
I have seen people have less trouble having legs and arms amputated then I have seen with guys getting tity reductions on this forum! This alone would make me keep my double "d"s!

And don't come back and try to tell me I don't know what surgeries are like, as I have more then just a few under by belt and over it as well!

I'm simply saying - don't give advice unless you're truly giving valuable advice. Telling someone they have a problem with patience when they obviously have a serious problem is not very helpful.

Offline cb2000

While these pictures are concerning, I can tell you that I had an open wound (looked like a hole) on one side for about 6 weeks that looked worse. I applied Bactirin twice a day (after shower) and covered with a clean gauze/surgical tape to hold in place. It would have some leakage (yellow skin/fluids) every time I took it off. Wound got smaller each day and eventually closed up. If you have an active infection/fever, that would be lot more concerning.

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
How did it go with the local surgeon? Are things improving?

Offline notweakwilled

• Posting Member
well, things with the local surgeon went pretty terrible. he basically told me absolutely nothing of value and took my $250. he said since he was not the surgeon, he couldn't really tell me anything. although of course he could tell me that "none of my gynecomastia patients look like that 6 weeks post op." he also went on and on about how it is never smart to travel to have some sort of surgery done. anyway, he told me it looked like i had a hematoma but he refused to drain it or do anything for me. literally, saw me for about 2 minutes and then i was billed $250 by their office. ridiculous

but... fast forward to today. Dr. Delgado (my surgeon) actually was on vacation in columbus, oh and allowed me to drive to him and he literally saw me at his family's house. talk about caring about your patients. can't say enough good things about the guy. he is truly the most caring doctor i have ever been around. he stuck a needle in to see if there was any liquid and he said that there wasn't. it's possible that it disolved or drained itself but everything looked much better today than a couple weeks ago. still, very slow progress though. i'm at 6 weeks now exactly and he expected it to take another 2-3 weeks to start seeing the swelling to really go down. he also told me to wear the vest for another 2 weeks (even though i'm at the 6 week mark). i just have a lot more swelling than most patients do. regardless, he said the only thing i can do at this point is NOTHING. i just need to relax and let my body heal itself.

thanks for all the support everyone. this really is a patience game

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
That's great news, notweakwilled.  :)

It's too bad about that other doctor, but I'm glad your surgeon cared enough about his work to see you. Keep us posted.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024