Author Topic: After Surgery  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Wonderman

• Posting Member
I had my surgery Friday morning 3Aug2012.  Took the vest off Sunday morning for a quick shower and a quick look. Like  many, I saw no difference from what my chest looked like before the surgery.

So far, the pain and itching is almost gone.  I am finding that although the thermometer doesn't show a high temp, my body seems to sweat and then cool down often.  Strange feeling, has anyone else experienced this?

I put on a sweat-wicking shirt underneath the compression vest as the vest alone was irritating my skin. Hopefully this shouldn't affect my results.

First follow up appointment Wednesday afternoon 8aug2012

Will post updates

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I don't understand how you don't see a difference?  I assume your case was mild.  I can't imagine going in and out looking the same with my condition.  I have a pretty bad case.  Not huge, but very noticeable.  So if I look and feel that way right after surgery, I'll be pissed.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I guess different people will have different results, but for me the first time I was able to shower, which was day 2 or 3 (I forgot) there was a HUGE difference. Strangely, my chest almost looked sad, LOL.

Maybe you've got a lot of swelling which is why you don't really see a difference. My swelling was all happening under my arms, especially on the right side. At first, I thought I had gained weight and it was just flab that was accentuated by the compression vest, but as the days went by and the swelling went down it wasn't fat. ;)

You can try some cornstarch baby powder near the straps and other areas of irritation. Also, try crushed ice in a baggy, wrapped in a cloth, for other hot spots.

Offline Wonderman

• Posting Member
I'll try the corn starch and ice, thanks.  I can feel that the lipo has taken some fat away, but looking in the mirror, I still see moons with a definite hanging (I have to lift to see the  stitches.

Trying to be patient, hoping that this is still just swelling.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Hopefully it is just swelling. Also, stay clear away from the incision when you apply powder or use the crushed ice. What I did was put the crushed ice in a zip lock bag, crushed works better than cubes because it can form and move around any shape, wrapped it in a soft cloth, and placed it on hot spots like the top part of my chest and on my rib cage and in between on my sternum. BTW, I put this crushed ice baggy on top of my compression vest, not on bare skin, while I laid back and watched TV.

Keep us posted.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024