Author Topic: New - Post Surgery Scar Tissue  (Read 2160 times)

Offline PCMcDaniels

Hello all,

First off, I'm new to this forum. Thought I would share my story with others. I had gyno since I was 14 and I've had just about every experience there could be. I'm 24 now and never paid too much mind to having the surgery until recently. I must say it is refreshing to see there's a whole community of people who share or have shared my situation.

I'm officially 5 weeks post-op today. By my own personal observations and the feedback I've gotten from my doctor (Gonzalez - Olathe, KS) my recovery is going really well. However, I'm having some issues with scar tissues (clever rhyme, eh?). One side is definitely scarring more than the other. It feels like a large, mostly hard lump, even bigger than the gland that was removed. I've been doing daily massages but no subsiding, and I can't help but think something may be wrong.

I've asked my doctor about it and he says things like this normally occur during recovery. Something about how my metabolism and the scarring act in the healing process. I'm pretty sure things are going as planned but I thought I would share my experience with the rest of you.

Feel free to reply with any helpful thoughts, tips, and feedback. Or if its just a "ditto" that'll be much appreciated too knowing I'm not alone.

Cheers to a good chest,

P.C.

Offline UNIGYNO

• Posting Member
HEY FRIEND.. i am seriously in the same boat.. everything u said is me!! im 5 weeks too.. well almost 6..

i massaged it pretty hard after my last visit last tuesday and now its even worse!!
im putting wrap on very very tight..

gunna keep it on for awhile...
seems to help a little bit..

my doc says its blood it gets hard and feels like leftover gland.. but its not its "SCAR TISSUE"
and it will go away.. i made a post and Dr. Pensler said that it is prolly blood and will go away with time.. i feel like ima be one of the guys that has to wait like 6 months to a year to get the final result..

just gotta wait man.. it sucks huh? thinking its all good after surgery then boomb.. post op drama..

if only life was so simple right? anyways keep ur head up friend.. ill keep posting on my progress.. i have a post in the ask a doc section check it out i got pics..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024