Author Topic: Finasteride Induced Puffy Nipples  (Read 6626 times)

Offline d8t

Hi everyone!

I took fin for 9 months and quit cold turkey about a month ago. About 5 months into fin, I developed a mild case of puffy nipples which have remained more or less stable until now, but have not resolved after quitting the drug. Before fin, my nipples were completely flat which meant that wearing tight shirts was not a problem. There is no hard tissue behind my nipples and they look perfectly good when they are erect. I have several questions:

1. Has anyone had a similar experience with fin-induced puffy nipples?
2. Did the puffyness go away by itself after quitting?
3. How long did it take for the puffyness to go away?
4. Since I also gained a few pounds while on fin, could my puffy nipples be caused by weight gain instead? Is that even possible? I have seen obese men with perfectly flat nips.
5. Has anyone had success with any non-surgical treatments for fin-induced gyno? I've read a bit about SERMs, AIs and DHT gels - which would be optimal to use here?

Thanks!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, welcome to the forum.

Next -- yours is a very minimal case.  The chronological sequence that you describe certainly seems to fit with an untoward reaction to finasteride.  Unfortunately,once that tissue has developed, it rarely disappears spontaneously or with any drugs -- it will take surgery.  Best that you stop taking the finasteride and then wait it out -- give it time and perhaps it might improve.  If not, then consider consulting with a gyne expert for some advice.  Even though this may appear small, the amount of tissue may surprise you -- it is like an iceberg with much more underneath than one would think.  Removing it and making everything look normal after surgery is tricky -- so again, consider an expert surgeon in your area.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024