Author Topic: Is this swelling normal? Or was the surgery botched?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline SwellingconcernsNT972

Hi everyone,

So, in short, I got gyno surgery last week (uni-lateral, so just one side) and had gland tissue removed and some fat lipod out. But, I'm worried the surgeon didn't take enough out.
It looks like only the gland was taken out, and the pec isn't much smaller than it was before. The pec that was operated on still looks larger than the pec that wasn't operated on. I was told that it was just swelling, but this would have to be a ton of swelling if that's the case.

The surgeon is the 'Chief Plastic Surgeon' of one of Dallas's largest hospital chains, he teaches at the med school attached to the hospital and gyno is one of his specialties. I've followed all the post-op rules, had my drain taken out three days after the surgery and am not lifting anything and haven't gotten my heart rate up.

Is this a normal amount of swelling? Or will I need to ask him to go back in and do more lipo?
Here is a pic of my chest 5 days post op: https://imgur.com/gallery/WVa9w

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A normal human body is not perfectly symmetrical.  One foot is larger,  one eye is larger or lower,  likewise the ears.  Many people have one leg that is slightly longer than the other.  On most people, a line down the center of the brow, the tip of the nose the center of the lips and point of the chin is far from straight.  A good artist can spot these and quickly draw a caricature that looks remarkably like a person. 
So don't expect perfect mirror image symmetry, that is not even natural.  but you should expect them to be close.  As for making an opinion after only days or even a few weeks, it is too soon.   If you are concerned, talk to your surgeon, but realistically it could take a few months before you see the true final result. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024