Author Topic: question about "pec" sizes after surgery  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
sorry if that's a dumb subject but i didn't know what to write. anyway...before surgery i already had some pec muscles because i did push ups and a few weights...nothing major (i didn't want to make the gyne look worse). so anyway, i knew i had some muscle on my chest that was being hidden by the breast tissue. well since i had the breast tissue removed, i looked forward to being able to see my "pecs".  well, i could see the outline of them just a few days after surgery. but today i got drained for the first time--just one side. but after being drained on that one side (i had a tiny pocket of obvious fluid on my left-side) then the skin went down ('cause the fluid was gone) and the skin seemed to suddenly mold to my muscle. but now when i look in the mirror it looks like on my left side i have a nice pec muscle...it's nice BUT on my right side...i can still see an "outline" of a pec muscle..but it looks like it's lower.  it's strange and worries me.  basically i look in the mirror and it looks like one pec muscle is bigger than the other side AND higher up than the other side.  anyway, it's kinda' hard to explain. this wednesday will be the 2 week mark for me.  do you think this will correct itself over time?

it's like on my left side i have a nice pec that is "popping out" (in the good way) but on the right-hand side it's a pec muscle but it's not popping out--it's just like the outline of it and it sits lower.

ugh. i guess i'm just ranting. i hope it's not permanent. i don't need another problem and i can't go through surgery again.  

has anyone else experienced this after surgery?

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
by the way, the side of my chest with what looks like a bigger pec muscle is my left side...although i am right-handed, so i would think my right-hand side would be bigger. also, i don't think it's a fluid issue because i don't seem to have any extra fluid now. maybe i really do just have one side of my chest way bigger than the other side. maybe if i use barbells (after i heal, of course) then i can exercise the other side by itself to get it up with the other?  

it's making me nervous because i've wanted to wear a tight t-shirt (and nothing else) for so long but couldn't because of breasts...now i don't want to have to wait longer because now i have 1/2 of my chest larger than the other half..and with muscle! aaaaaaaargh. maybe it'll fix itself. i'm only 2 weeks. aaaaaaaaargh!

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
well, just to continue my rambling, i just searched for info and apparently it's common for beginner lifters to have one pec or bicep larger/more developed than the other. so maybe this is nothing. i hope so!

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
while you say theres no fluid there, if you're like me (11 days post op) I have what i think is scar tissue all around the nipples that feels like muscle, but when i flex my chest, my nipples go in, but the scar tissue can be seen protruding all around it...looks stupid.  maybe you have that too...since the swelling and or scar tissue usually falls to lower portion due to gravity, thus giving me my pre op chest once again....i'm pis-sed off

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
for me it's just like one side of my chest has a chiseled look to it--it's nice. but the other side...well...it looks nice, too---but not that chiseled look. it's like one side looks like i've been working out and the other side looks like i'm a "normal" man with a nice, flat chest...you can see the pec but it's not really "popping out". i just hope that either naturally or in the gym i can even the sides out.   :-[

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024