Author Topic: 48 Hours Post / Soreness Question  (Read 3439 times)

Offline bobjohnson

• Posting Member
This morning I am 48 hours post op and today I go back to the Dr. to get my bandages changed. Kind of nervous to see the initial results. I am feeling more myself today dispite the soreness and SUPER tight vest I am wearing! The sorest area are the incision areas near my armpit.

Anyone know how long it takes for the soreness to decrease around the incision area?

I keep telling myself... the hard part is over and now I just need to pass some time and let my body hael itself. This keeps me encouraged.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
you have it completely wrong, sorry...the hard part is the post op.  the surgery is the ridiculously easy part. 

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I had surgery 3 weeks ago and post-op has been much harder for me psychologically and physically.

Offline bobjohnson

• Posting Member
So far (2 days) the post op has been difficult and I expect the next few weeks to be a challange as well.

Any tips to make this next few weeks more comfortable would be appreciated!!!

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I never had much physical pain. Just a lot of second guessing. Before the surgery, I had $5,000 and puffy nips. After surgery I am at risk of having no money and puffy nips.  That is probably the hardest part. I wish I had more advice but just try and be patient and don't hesitate to ask your surgeon or care coordinator any concerns you have now.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Anyone know how long it takes for the soreness to decrease around the incision area?

Give it a good 4 weeks. As we all heal differently, some take longer than others.

This is why most PS's say to give it a full year to see final results.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
The worst part is the recovery.  You have a long road ahead but it gradually gets better.  The first week was the worst for me because of the vest--especially the underarm incisions.  The next three weeks were better because i switched to under armour shirts.  Then it seemed to stand still for at least for a month.  The nipple pain was pretty bad for the first 8-12 weeks. I was told to massage, but it was extremely painful. Eventually, the tightness and nipple pain subsided but it was at 5-6 months. At one year I am so happy I had the op. I look great and feel no pain.  THe several months of discomfort were certainly worth it. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
At one year I am so happy I had the op. I look great and feel no pain.  THe several months of discomfort were certainly worth it. 

Glad to hear you are happy with your results.

GB

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I have read it many times and agree completely that the surgery is the quick and easy part.  The long road of healing is the challenging part that requires patience and the ability not to panic.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024