Author Topic: (pics) Puffy nipples and maybe second gynecomastia procedure. Help :S  (Read 3091 times)

Offline eyanfox

Hi guys! I'm glad to to be part of this social group, and share my story. I know that my case could help someone else.
I had a gyno surgery six months ago where the doctor removed (at first look) all the gland tissue and a little fat that I had.
As you well know, I'had to wear a compression shirt for my upper body for one month.
I saw -when the first month passed- that my chest still had a puffiness, and also my nipples. I told this to the doctor, and he said "don't worry about that, you have to wait at least six months to see real results". And I did.
Today it has passed seven months, and my chest is not like I want. Flat.
If you look the pictures, you may notice my pointy nipples, and I hate them.

Now I remember that he said "I left a little portion of gland tissue under the nipple, to avoid a depression in that area". I have read about that famous nipple depression, but is it necessary? I think I have a good mass on my chest now (I hadn't in these pictures :$) may be I should ask him for removed the all gland.

What would you do in my situation?
Will you ask the doctor to remove all gland no matter nipple depression?

I even thought do not go for a second Gyno surgery and I will search a surgeon which fixes my nipple form.

Thanks you!!!! I'll appreciate it

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If your nipples were never flat and flush with the surrounding skin after surgery, and if your surgeon said that he deliberately left some tissue, and if you are seven months post op with continued puffiness, then you probably would require a revision procedure to remove the last amount of breast tissue.  Best to return to your surgeon and discuss the issue with him directly.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline eyanfox

Hi Doc! Thanks for your time!

I'm afraid of what's next. When I touch my chest I feel more fat than gland. But I don't really know if the shape of my nipples is produced by fat. I think that "yes".
Probably -as you say- I'll have to go again with my surgeon.
What do you recommend me?
Ask my surgeon liposuctioned all the fat and the small remaining portion of gland?

Thanks Doctor!  :)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, I can't recommend treatment in any individual case without benefit of an actual physical exam.  That is why you should return to your surgeon, who knows you best.

As for what you are "feeling" -- I wouldn't go by that at all.  Gland can feel soft and fat can feel firm -- and everything in between.  That is why I never go by what is felt -- it is the contours that matter.

Dr Jacobs

Offline eyanfox

will I have someday flat chest? Do I need to invert more money on a second surgery? My surgeon said in an oportunity that it will be cost 1/4 from the first total amount. I want to do it, but I have fear of my final chest shape won't be like I want. Thanks doctor!
I am very grateful! You're a great man :)
I will keep this topic fresh ;) so more people can read about it

Peace!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024