Author Topic: Surgery results survey  (Read 1610 times)

rrr

Just curious how people here have fared with surgery. From my research, I have only seen satisfactory results with very minor gyno (not much more than puffy nipples).
I have seen craters, scarring and otherwise ugly results when the gyno is B cup plus. I have seen cases where nipples have died, where multiple revisions have failed, and too many men looking like they have Frankenstein's chest.
Yes, I realize that even failed surgery will look more normal wearing a shirt, but the sheer quantity of failed results makes it look pretty hopeless for anyone with severe gyno.
First hand experiences would be great to hear, and the bigger the pre-op boobs, the more it applies to me.
I honestly don't know which is worse - having a female chest or Frankenstein's chest (and all the normal surgery risks that come with it).
Bummed.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
People who are happy with their surgical results do not hang around for long.  They are not here to answer your questions.   There have been a couple of notable exceptions, but they are rare.  
When I retired, my wife and I bought a new home and moved to a location that was good for commuting to visit the most of our children.   Wanting to make connections with a medical clinic and other facilities, I surveyed the comments about the medical facilities and was horrified.   Then, on a whim, I decided to check the same thing on the Hospitals and clinics where I had always received excellent care in the past.   Those reviews were also horrible.  
I have come to the realization that people who are happy with their service simply say thanks and fade out of sight.   People who are unhappy are the only ones who post reviews in many cases. 
The site has Archives of conversations that ended several years ago.  If you promise to leave the archives where they are and not revive them, I'll tell you how to find them.   If you have a comment, It is really better to start a new topic than to resurrect an old one.  
Now.  See the block above where it says: "Members,"   If you click it, a screen will open and you can type in Grampa Bambu.   He is no longer active, but he was a great source of information and he was a very happy Post operative person who did hang around for a good while.  Look at the next screen and you will see his profile.   There is a place to click if you want to read his posts.  
Happy reading. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline TheUser

• Posting Member
Hey man
I'd had level 1 gyno which was caused by gandular tissue.
I've had my surgery one and a half month ago, and overall I'm very satistfied with the results.
You have to keep in mind that there are no "PERFECT" results, but there could be a great relief  for you after a suregery.
In my opinion, Staying in a state of great frustration about your problem, but fearing from having the surgery is not a good thing- In life we have to take crucial and risky disicions in order to lead ourselves to fulfill our goals.
Of course, going for a surgery and getting a horrible result, is neither good.
I think you have to survey a couple of Doctors, and try to choose the best one. You'd still have no guarantee about the results, but it lowers the risk. Try to hear opinions from friends/family/other patients, it will help you in your search.
Anyway, I wish you good luck, whatever you decide!

Offline TigerPaws

Cosmetic Surgery is a personal choice but as with any surgery it comes with risks.
No one will guarantee that you will like the results.
No one will guarantee there will not be complications, possible serious complications.
No one will guarantee that you breast development will not return.
No one will guarantee that you will live through the procedure.
The question is are the possible benefits worth the risk because Gynecomastia is not a life threatening condition it is purely cosmetic.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024