Author Topic: Please Help?? 3 days after mexico surg.  (Read 2437 times)

Offline needadvice

First Off I really need some help.  I am 5 days post-op.
I had my surgery in Mexico, kinda crazy buy I only had a certain amount of money which the surgeon agreed to, his website looked good, and he said that he performs many of these surgerys. I also read a bit of information that reccomended him on this site. Anyways I have some question?

1.  My surgery was minimal, I needed a small amount of tissue and a little lipo done?  When the doc did the procedure he didnt use drains saying I wouldnt need them , is this normal?  At this point I dont think to much fluid has built up?

1.  The bandage the surgeon kept sliding down so I took it off and had my friend help put a new bandage on me that stays on better.  How long should I wear this for?  Im hardly even sore, and its only 4 days post op, should the bandage be putting pressure againt the wound, or what?

2.  When I did remove it my nipples looked pretty messed up from the encision, is this normal?

3.  When the bandage is removed, how long are you supposed to wear the compression vest for? And what does it do?  Does it help contoure during the healing proscess, to protect, or to help with pain.  Do I need an actual compresion vest, or will like an under-armor spandex shirt work?  How long do I need to wear this for and do I need to keep bandages over the incisions?

4.  What applicaiton works well to apply to incisions to minimize the scar? and how long after should I start applying? (I have been reaching in the bandage and applyiing neo-sporin is this okay?)

Please help me, I dont know what to do???

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Let's see

1. I had lipo too, no drains

3. You're gonna look cut up after surgery.  I was all red and yellowey, made me feel a little sickly first time I looked at myself.  Depends on how messed up you look.

4. 3-4 weeks I believe, I think some docs vary though.  I was able to take my bandages off after a week, but I think mine sounds different than yours.  Ask your doc.

Offline needadvice

Thanks you guys for the info I think I was overly worried.  Everything seems to be going okay but I have a new question.

There are some lumps in my chest that I can feel, different places on each side.  Is this scar tissue? or what is it?  What can I do?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024