Author Topic: When can I exercise again?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Hey all !

It's been a long time now.had my surgery on 23rd June. so 3months now..It was lipo and handled my case well and I'm happy with the results..I stopped wearing the compression vest like 10days ago. There is just a 'little' bit of swelling on the right side but I guess that could be due to removal of the vest and will settle down.
The numbness has almost gone and there's no pain whatsoever. I want to ask is it okay to start jogging now? or maybe hit the gym bench press? 1.5months ago I had consulted my PS and he told me it's okay to do anything as long as it doesn't hurt..so what all can I do now? or should I wait more? If yes,then how long?

Thanks for reading!
cheers,
Sid

Offline hitman200x

• Posting Member
Sid,

My surgeon instructed me to begin walking three days after surgery and that it was okay to up that to running and other cardio by the middle of the second week. In fact, I don't know if it's a coincidence, but my resuming of cardio coincided with some swelling going down. Not all of the swelling, mind you, but some. I've found doing cardio has helped my recovery, though jmping jacks sure feel weird. I was told to lay off all weights for another 1.5 months, though.

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
I was told no working out / cardio for 6 weeks, then start easing into it slowly.  If it causes any pain or discomfort, stop and don't push yourself too hard.

This is what I was told by my doc.

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member
I was told pretty much the same as DWL, to ease into it slowly after 6 weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024