Author Topic: A question for Dr. Bermant  (Read 4190 times)

Offline creator8

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant,

I had surgery a year ago, would you review these pics...in your opinion is this a crater deformity? What can be done about it?

Thank you very much Dr.

Left hand side- depression in nipple

right hand side looks normal

When stimulated by cold or touch the nipple contracts and looks normal

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant,

I had surgery a year ago, would you review these pics...in your opinion is this a crater deformity? What can be done about it?

Thank you very much Dr.

How well skin shrinks after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), the nature of the tissue, skill of the surgeon, after surgery care, and many other factors.  Excess skin can result in folds.  A fold is one possible compromise when trying to minimize scars with Male Breast Skin Reduction Surgery.  I do not typically see such folds with my techniques unless there is a significant before surgery problem of excess skin. 

Adhesion of surface tissues to deeper scars in conjunction with a fold can be a variant of the Crater Deformity Complication After Gynecomastia Surgery

I have developed Standard Photographs to Evaluate After Gynecomastia Surgery that better demonstrate such dynamic issues. 

Realistic expectations are essential, real surgery does have limitations.  Tissues need to heal and evolve after any surgical intervention.  We are glad to help patients explore their concerns and options during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion.  If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024