Author Topic: Does gyne make the fat?  (Read 2731 times)

cody sockeye

I know gyne is the gland behind the nipple, but does gyne also produce fat in the chest or is the fat there because you are overweight? just curious...

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Is the small amount of gland that all men have there in order to prevent the nipple area from being concave, or what is the purpose of it?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I don't think there is an aesthetic "purpose" for the small amount of gland that all men have, but I think surgeons most always leave a little so that you are not concave and I've heard circulation.

I think men's glands are mammary glands, just like women and I think their purpose is to produce milk. Men and women are kind of the same before puberty. During puberty, womens brains tell their glands to enlarge, probably by means of estrogen among other factors. Most of our bodies have something where we have low tolerence to estrogen
or something like that, so our mammary glands were told to grow during puberty.

I too am curious about chest fat's correlation with gyne. Probably a somewhat connection. I am skinny but had fat along with gland, so I don't know what the deal is. Not a lot of fat, but enough to contour. Maybe everyone has this.

This is just what I gather from the website. I really have no idea if what i say is correct.

DrBermant

'Gynecomastia' is not just the gland behind the areola/nipple. Gynecomastia is a term meaning 'Woman-like' (Gyne/Gynea), and 'Breasts' (Mastos). Gynecomastia refers to 'woman-like breasts' on boys/men. Gyne is composed of both gland and fat tissue. Both males and females have some amount of gland.

Chest fat tissue is not always from being overweight... Look at some of the girls at the gym. Big breasts, but the rest of them is very toned and lean. I know what you are thinking here, but yes, many of 'them' are real. Some guys with gyne are/were very thin and have large breasts. I was one...  :-\

As for the gland producing fat...  I wouldn't think so.

Dr. Bermant, any thoughts on this? I realize that it is outside the confines of your specialty, but being in the medical profession, and hanging out with Endocrinologists from time to time, I thought you might be in the know. Thanks!

GB

With excess weight, men tend to put the extra fat on the belly and the chest.  In different parts of the body, fat also can react to hormones.  Femanizing hormones tend to shape selected body fat, that is what makes the female curve for the hips, thighs, and breasts.  MTF transgender (male to female) hormonal changes not only grow the glandular breast tissue, but the breast fat also increases.  Stop the hormones, and some fat and gland regression can occur, but what has grown typically remains. The same growth of fat and gland can occur during any breast hormonal stimulation.

So it is not the gland causing the fat to grow, but whatever is causing the stimulation can make both the gland and fat increase.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:54:58 AM by DrBermant »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think there's a confusion between fat underlying the skin distributed in the chest area evenly and fat concentrated in the gland tissue itself.  gland if dense like mine has no real fat content in the same way a woman's would, although it's still gyne.  get some poor guy with a c cup and i think what's happened is that gland tissue has expanded for a higher fat content within the cells, same way as a woman's would again.  so based on the question cody asked, if you can feel gland separately from the fat, they're probably unrelated, except for hormonal influences.  if you meant the fat within a gyne mass, then that would be a different thing. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024