Author Topic: Its been 5 weeks, is this the final result?  (Read 3211 times)

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Its been 5 weeks post op, My nipples are still puffy, still stick out of my shirt, therefore I still have to look down everytime I wear a tshirt to see if I can fix it. I thought Surgery would correct this problem of mine, but so far I've lost hope.

I know most ppl will say "wait couple of more months to allow it to fully heal" The thing is, my chest wasn't swollen in the begining, I could have a full-gym workout without discomfort. Incision scars were completely healed in 3 weeks.(can't even notice them anymore)
 How could further healing make my nipples to flatten back in? Like its Better than before, but prob around 40% improvement.

Is there anyone with unsatisfied 5 weeks post op results, but waited another 2 months and resulted with perfect results? Or did it practically same the same OR you just felt less annoyed of it after and coped with it.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Yeah. People say to wait 6 months but if I were a bettin' man, I'd say you won't get any better. I was lifting after two weeks and didn't notice any improvements in size after about a week. I am in the same boat. Improvement but it should be better. I went to the PS the other day for a post op (It's been about 3 months). Luckily, he is doing an in-office revision under local.  I hope that helps but puffy nips have a lower percentage of success stories than other cases. 

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
hey bro

i'm just over two weeks post op and am in the same boat as you.

i know i ain't as far along but after two weeks i thought i would have some more visible, better results.  it looked decent, besides the dark bruising after the surgery and after i got my bandages off but i since have had lots of swelling and puffiness and its pretty damn discouraging.

i hear the 'wait 6 months' comments too, but im begining to wonder, since many pics on here and on other sites show sweet results after 2 weeks...   

don't know what to tell ya bro, hope things heal for ya, you gotta keep the positive outlook, as hard as it is.  Keep thinking it gotta be better than it was before...

keep us posted...

heres a link to the thread i started with a bunch of pics i've taken over the last little while... 
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,10679.0.html

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Have patience guys.  ::)

It is my experience, and I believe the experience of the vast majority of patients who have had surgery, that you have to wait at LEAST 6 MONTHS and more often 12 MONTHS to get the final result.  After the first couple of months the changes are slow but still perceptible.

It has been said many, many times but it is true.  The surgery is the quick and easy part, the healing is the slow and hard part.

Good luck.  :)

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
like the others said and a 1000 more will say after this post has long gone...if they dont look much better after a couple of months then thats how they will stay believe me....if you get a revision done then my advice is to ask the surgeon to go hard on the area behind the nipples and if after the surgery there is a slight indenation then that is a good thing because as time moves on in the healing process the body will try to fill the area slightly due to the shock on the body...normally fluid (sermoa).. this does not tend to be totally absorbed by the body as time moves forward and leaves the nipples puffy again but just not quiet as much as prior to your surgery.....if he goes deep and indents the nipples slightly the with the bodies naturall action to fill with the fluid slightly it should fill the nipples only slightly and rid you of the indent and stay just nice and flat ;D

Offline flex1appeal

I'd like to know what kind of surgery you had that you had no swelling and could workout with no problem? 2nd, I'd say my first surgery I had lipo only and noticed puffiness again in my nips not only 2 weeks later. I waited for 5 months and nothing changed. Based on that I'd say it probably won't change. However, not PS will do a revision until at least 6 months out from the 1st surgery. So be patient and see what comes of it. If you had excision done and lipo the 1st go around then you shouldn't see puffiness still. Not if they did their job right. Who was your surgeon?

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
I had surgery with fielding. I had an excision and lipo..
I have low bodyfat, athletic build as well.

left is worst than right. Nipples are still tender, tingles, but aren't painful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024