Author Topic: is gyne more of a psychological problem?  (Read 5888 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
wantnewlife,

There was a time when I too had the feeling that my condition was abnormal. I came to a realization that there was actually nothing abnormal about my condition.

Only once that I recall feeling anything like guilt. I had just enlisted in the USAF and was in Basic Training.
The teasing started same as in High School but came to a stop. The reason the teasing stopped was that there was another guy who also had Gynecomastia and he made a much better victim so I was spared the teasing at his expense. I had guilty feelings because, to my mind, he was taking it for both of us. Later I rationalized that if he would stand up for himself and possibly even tease back, he had the power to reduce or possibly stop his torment.

I am now firmly of the opinion that we are our own worst enemies. The teasing will stop when we stand up for ourselves. There remain some stupid people who think our condition is somehow a good source for their amusement. Stupidity, unfortunately, cannot be outlawed.
Grandpa Dan

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
Thanks Paa_Paw for sharing your experience and thoughts .. i feel after you go past a certain age, teasing will stop....however still even the stares hurt.. the worst thing is sometimes you feel bad without even knowing whether ppl are really looking at your chest or something else..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I don't know that the teasing ever completely stops, but it does change and our perception of it changes also.

At the age of 27, I graduated from the Police Academy. When my badge was pinned to my shirt by the Deputy Chief of Police, he said "now here's a man that wears his badge proudly." All who heard him laughed, even me.

anonymous1

"Everyone has insecurities, etc"
Yeah that's what my dad said, but this is different, it is something that not everyone has and not "normal."  If you are ugly or fat yeah that's one thing, but for me to be so unnaturally insecure; I honestly don't think I can live much longer like this.  I am intelligent, handsome, and charming, over the winter, summer comes around and I become a ghost. All the girls I talked to over the winter months and got to know call me or text me all the time asking to come to the pool, how about PC for Spring Break!?!?! No, I can't do shit with this and it depresses the hell out of me.  My dad said I just need to see a psychologist but honestly darn him, what does he know and no retard with a psychology degree can remove the root cause of my problems and that all stems back to my gyne.  Only a surgeon can do that and by al means necessary I am going through with this surgery, I am even selling my motorcycle, my only form of trans to go through with this.  I am riding the train and buses from now on.  Tell me this is a psychological problem....

Offline cobol465

• Posting Member
Being distressed over our gyne is something that is brought about by the woundings that we all experience while growing. Personally I have been told by my mom that I should have been a girl since my chest are big and fatty. I have been bullied on our school and there was one guy who take delight cornering me and squeeze my chest until he is satisfied. He was bigger then so I don't have the strength enough to tackle this guy. It only stopped during late high school when I become taller and bigger than him - and so too is my chest. The teasing stopped and life goes on as if preparing itself for me to welcome as a man - however the wounding remains and I have come to the point where I hated my body. I avoid pool parties, beach outings. I don't play sports that much since I wouldn't want to be seen half-naked on a shirts vs skins games. I become so dperessed about until one day I told myself that self-pity is enough. I know I can do something about my condition - so I lost weight, exercised, I do not avoid chest exposure, I stopped being afraid of people that they might think I'm a freak having this. I took the risk of trusting and especially forgiveness - to people who have contributed for me having to hate myself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024