Author Topic: Lipo stomach?  (Read 2717 times)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
guys, i have gyno surgery about 3 years back, now i am plannin on getting my ab lipoed. i have heard lipo causes weight gain in other areas of the body ?

2 confusions:

1) not sure if lipo causes weight gain to bring the body back to its "weight set point" ....
2) weight gain after lipo during recovery time causing other areas to gain that weight.

im concerned if i get my stomach lipoed, could i gain weight in my chest that was lipoed/excised 3 yrs back?

any ideas?
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
bump.....

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i am not a doc, so this is only speculation. 

i don't think it would increase actual weight gain in the other places, weight will come and go as a ratio of eating to exercise. 

however, it seems like lipo would change the relative ability of one part of the body to hold fat compared to another.  lipo vacuums out fat tissue and cells in one area that it doesn't remove in another.  so the first area doesn't really have anything for the flab to slowly pack onto, but that expandable fat is still everywhere else.  so the solution is really just to keep it off. 

see if that makes sense. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline desi

• Gold Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
2) weight gain after lipo during recovery time causing other areas to gain that weight.

Since my G surgery 5 years ago, I've put on a few pounds... well okay, maybe more than a few... :-\  the area on the side of my chest that is susceptible to getting bigger through weight gain, is now larger than it ever was pre-op.

However, in your case, having abdominoplasty, I highly doubt that you would gain any weight on your chest as a result of having this procedure.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

guys, i have gyno surgery about 3 years back, now i am plannin on getting my ab lipoed. i have heard lipo causes weight gain in other areas of the body ?

2 confusions:

1) not sure if lipo causes weight gain to bring the body back to its "weight set point" ....

im concerned if i get my stomach lipoed, could i gain weight in my chest that was lipoed/excised 3 yrs back?

any ideas?

Male Body Fat Distribution depends on fat cells and location of the fat cells on the body.  Fat is stored in the fat cells of the body. Liposuction removes fat cells. Leaving a natural contour of fat behind is critical for good results, especially on motion.  When all the fat is gone such as in the center of a Crater Deformity Complication of Gynecomastia Surgery, the remaining fat at the walls will increase with weight gain deepening the crater. The walls of the crater will get smaller with weight loss.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024