Author Topic: UK2000 diary!  (Read 10813 times)

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
4 months post op now.
the results are not as good as i wished them to be.  my breasts are still not flat.  the top half of myc chest is super flat then when it comes down to my middle half the gyne is there, but not as bad as before.
symmetry is a concern as 1 side is bigger than the other.  both sides are also numb, and the nips look dead like they have no life,  but are flat.
there seems to be left over gland which is blatenly obvious now on the left side chest,  which kinda sticks out like a little bubble.

overral i would say i had a minor case to start with,  and had a 30% reduction.  chest still sticks out and shows with certains clothes, still bounces around when i walk,  but not as bad as before.

i wish i choose a better surgeon,  but nothing i can do now.  my advice is choose yr surgeon carefully as that is numebr 1 priority above all else.  Avoid grobbelar at all costs.

July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
update:

i had my 5/6 months post op consultation wit Mr. Grobellar today.
i wanted to point out to him left over gland which i had underneath my left chest.  He didnt want to admit it was left over gland or fat which he forgot to remove during the op.  Instead he said it was most likely fat that i have put on in that area. That was crap, as i told him it was a strange place to put it on and also told him i noticed it 3 weeks after the op, and it has not gone away since. Its also what is causing one side of my chest to look lower than the other.  
He did say he would remove it under lipo again for me, but tried to put me of by saying i would go under general anethastic for a small thing.  I also showed him rolls of fat on the side of my chest going towards my arm pit tha i also would like tidied up and removed, and he said it was not worth doing that as its to be expected. At one stage he tried to say it was loose skin with no fat or gland behind it

My verdict on this surgeon is not a good one, he seems like he doesnt want to fully correct his mistakes cos he be doing it for free, despite charging me over £1500 in hospital fees to do it again(his service would be free).

In the meantime i have decided not to go ahead with having a touch up with Mr. Grobellar, i will be consulting another surgeon to carry out the work.  I feel one of the main reasons that Grobeellar didnt do a good first time job on removing gland and fat is because he didnt make any markings to guide him during the surgery. I beleive having made markings would have played a crucial part in removing things properly.
Its a bummer cos the story is still on going for me.  Although things are much better then b4, its not good enough as i still feel weird taking my top off.  Cos things are still uneven and bumpy & its noticeable and still brings attention to that area.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
How is it now?  Have you booked in with another surgen yet?

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
Its still the same its got no better.
when you are 6 weeks post op you have a good idea as to how yr chest is going to look in regards to size etc.  after that healing is just internal etc.

i have surgery planned in a few weeks time with a different surgeon. the surgeon is going to try and lipo all the excess fat from around and underneath the chest, if need be he said he will excise more tissue if lipo doesnt solve it.

its a bummer having to go through it again, i cant really afford it either but im determined to get rid of it once and for all.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
To be fair, I'd say your 7 week post - op pics look just fine.
etc.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
its difficult to see the left over gland on the sides of the chest in those pics.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
WTF is wrong with you? You look COMPLETLY FINE. I don't understand. You chest looks perfect. DO you have any before pictures??
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Spleen

I have to admit that it does look perfectly fine.  You might benefit more from just hitting the gym.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
Hi
yesterday i had revision surgery by Alex Karidis to correct this mistakes of my first surgery by another surgeon.
I arrived at St Johns wood hospital, Alex met me in the room, confirmed to me what i wanted done again,  made the marks around my chest which we both agreed need taking out.  
I had various bulges of fat sticking out all over my chest especialy the sides and underneath of my chest, my previous pictures do not clearly show this due to bad lighting.
He did a good job, on my left chest i had a lot of scar tissue which he also managed to tidy up and remove.
Pain was minimal, had lipo only, wearing a compression vest now, they supply a nice vest.
I cant fully see the results yet as i have a few plasters on, no drains.  But from what i can see it looks really good, no more bulges/lumps sticking out on the sides of my chest.
Alex Karidis is a nice guy, top surgeon, and does do quality work.
food was nice at hospital.

My advice to anyone seelking surgery, pick yr surgeon carefully as it makes all the difference.
Hopefully this will be the end of my gyne and i can trully get on with things now.
Will hit the gym in 3 weeks time or so and build myself up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024