Author Topic: Surgery completed updated with pre/post op pics page 4  (Read 18309 times)

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Try everything you can mate, just think if you could join the Navy without this hanging over your head. I know 4k is alot of money but see if you can borrow some money of family members?

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
sorry to hear about the problems you're facing. My advice would be try to get a loan, even if it means having to spread it out over a long period of time, you will not regret it, I am sure. I basically am just cutting out any sort of luxury or non-necessity, so that the hit from paying for the op won't be that bad.

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Cheers guys, I'll go visit Karidis and have my consulation and then come to a decision. Your all right, I can't join the ay with this hanging over my head so if loans my only option then I should take it.

I'll keep you all posted.

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
After my last post I had a good think and evaluated everything. I won't join the Navy with G, so I might as well get a loan and live G free whilst paying my loan back. Instead of saving, having G and still not joining the Navy because of everything.

So once again, a big thanks to the site for making me think straight. I'll let every know whats happening, I'm still gonna try and borrow the money from close friends and family but if thats not a viable option then loan it shall be.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Good luck mate. You won't look back after becoming flat as a pancake  :D

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Big update.

Had my consulation yesterday with Karidis. My day started out pretty good until the Jubilee line stopped working which fucked my whole day up. Had to get a cab from baker tube after going here there and everywhere. >:( Then finally made it to st johns, after filling in the forms I met with Karidis which was pretty weird seeing him in the flesh. He was very blase about the whole thing, just spoke about how long I've had Gyne, then looked at my chest and informed me I need to lose a bit more weight (not in a horrible way but I knew that anyway). I was a bit tongue tied and wanted to ask his opinion on how confident he was about getting good results after looking at my chest. But just forgot to ask, but I've got a servere case but not as bad as most.

Overall it was a good day, opened up to my mum a bit more who came with me and she has helped me come up with the £4000. She asked my dad (told him it was for sweet gland removal) and he has put forward the money which will be paid back in august by my mum. Then I will pay my mum back every month starting from now.

So I'm gonna ring tomorrow and book my appointment, I'm so chuffed and will be losing weight very soon. Or at least trying, I've worked out for years and my chest always made me feel like I wasn't getting anywhere and now I can have a great body with hard work.

Big thanks to this site, I can't believe I've got the money (mum pulled through) and gonna have the surgery. I just hope in a few months time this will be all behind me with great results.

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
congradulations mate! glad to hear you got the money together. Are you going to upload any pics so we can see you as you are now?

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
I haven't got a camera or anything, but its something I want to do more so for other people especially if it motivates at least one person to go through with the surgery.

So I'm gonna try and upload pics very soon, then carry on this thread till the day I'm 100% happy.

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
ok cool, make sure you do :)
im gonna train hard for the rest of the year then get the op in december.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
good to see you got the consultation done, good luck with getting surgery, mine consultation will be in 2 weeks time as well!

Offline thetodd

Glad the consultation went ok.

So your ma's told your dad your getting sweat gland removal? never heard of it till i googled it. If you wanna trim down forget doing weights atm just smash the cardio and go to a gym with trx staps/kettlebells/spin classes you will tone up quickly. Then after the surgery start weight training if you fancy it

Nice to hear youve got supportive parents, not just with lending the money but supporting you with the surgery itself

good luck

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Glad the consultation went ok.

So your ma's told your dad your getting sweat gland removal? never heard of it till i googled it. If you wanna trim down forget doing weights atm just smash the cardio and go to a gym with trx staps/kettlebells/spin classes you will tone up quickly. Then after the surgery start weight training if you fancy it

Nice to hear youve got supportive parents, not just with lending the money but supporting you with the surgery itself

good luck

Cheers mate and a few weeks ago I never thought my parents were an option. It just goes to show people really who think they won't understand. I'm gonna ring up today and book a date, only problem is I have the money in cash only. I use to crossfit this time last year but it was always a long travel but I'm gonna start doing long runs and kettlebell (I brought a kettlebell..hardly used it lol) with pressups/situps. Then 3 weeks after surgery I'm gonna continue that system (without too much pressure) with swimming down the road.

With a paleo diet, hopefully I can  get down near 11 st again because I'm roughly 12. Its a do-able especially win the knowledge I'm having the surgery.

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Just got off the phone, I've been given the date of 21st of June and I'll be sending off a cheque next week.

Wow, can't believe it.

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Good stuff mate, really pleased for you, just think you will be able to enjoy the later part of the summer wearing tshirts and feeling free. Your mum sounds like a legend aswell mate it isnt nice going through it on your own either, especially when i needed that bit of support just before and after the op. Great stuff and all the best, get some pics of the journey :)

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Yep its fantastic mate, I'm gonna miss most of the summer but I'll have plenty more summers infront of me. I just can't wait to wear my nice tshirts, shirts, jumpers again without fear of anyone noticing my chest.

I was really nervous about telling my mum, but she has pulled through big time for me. Probably sound cliche but its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I just hope my results go well.

I'll definetly post some pictures before the op and keep a diary like everyone else.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024