Author Topic: Funding Proposal for Gynecomastia.org Members  (Read 4207 times)

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
Hi Guys,

As former suffer of this condition, I know the kind of stress are related to gynecomastia.

I have proposal for all you guys, please let me know what you think.

1. Start a web site who accepts photos with essays from people this condition, but can't afford the surgery and as well as donations

2. All essays and photos will be posted each week

3. At end of each month, members who have donated can voted who the recipent of the fund collect for that month.

4. $1.00 = 1 voting unit, 100% all funds collected minus process fees will go directly to the recipent.

Charles
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 09:15:07 PM by ifireworks »
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Charles....

Awesome plan Dude.  

Who is going to make the Website?

The recipients would have to be of age or have parental permission if underage.

Do you think there might be some legal issues here?

If the Site got some major publicity, it's quite possible that some big corporations may donate.   ;D

John.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 10:30:18 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Excellent idea in principle.

My heart goes out to those guys on here that suffer but say they could never afford the surgery.

I have a couple of questions.

What are the ethical implications?  How can it be assessed based on need versus inability to pay?

How can you ensure requests for money are going to genuine cases and that any grants go to pay hospital fees and not personal bank accounts?

As most of us are not medical professionals, is voting on a couple of pictures and an individuals ability to write an essay the best way to judge who is and who is not worthy of surgery?

Is a mild case of gynaecomastia less worthy of treatment than a moderate or severe case?  A guy with mild gynaecomastia can suffer worse psychological problems than a guy with severe gynaecomastia, but who is more 'deserving' for male chest reduction?

Just a few thoughts to help you structure your idea for best effect.

Best wishes.

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
Hi Brothers,

Thanks for all your questions and interest.  First of all, now I think of it I think essay and photo is not enough, it should also accompany a letter from a doctor that candidate have this problem.  Also, to prevent fraud, it’s impossible to determine where the fund go after it has release to the winning candidate.  As for, PayPal, its good idea, I took a look of their fees, and its not bad.  But who will manage account?  Under who’s name?

I think these questions must be address before anything can get started.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Charles

Offline Grandpa Bambu

First of all, now I think of it I think essay and photo is not enough, it should also accompany a letter from a doctor that candidate have this problem.

Definitely!

Also, to prevent fraud, it’s impossible to determine where the fund go after it has release to the winning candidate.

Well, the funds would have to go to the PS. However, what's to prevent the prospective patient and PS scamming us? They could take the money and Gyne dude never have the operation. Very, very risky!

As for, PayPal, its good idea, I took a look of their fees, and its not bad.  But who will manage account?  Under who’s name?

I'm as about as honest as they come. Esp when it comes to my Gyne bretheren.... I'd be more than happy to help guard the coin.

Putting the funds in an 'Escrow' service may be an option also. But still, it would have to be in 'someones'  name....

Anyways, good luck with choosing a financial secretary!  :P     What about you Charles? This is your baby anyways.... ;)

John.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 05:00:11 PM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

How about something like this?....

http://www.lynchtek.net/nuke/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Billy...

That is so awesome Dude!

BTW, I think I recognize that 'Still' Dude....  ;)   jk!

John.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 05:01:29 PM by Bambu »

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
Thanks Billy!  Great job!

Okay... let me what you think about this revision:

1. the profile must included a letter from a doctor (not necessarily a plastic surgeon, since not all ps offer free consultation), and it must state the following:
- the patient has this condition
- the date and the patient's name (although it can be blured out)
- the estimated cost

2. the awarded amount will be issued as a money order directly to ps' name or their business name.

3. the amount will be no greater than total inital cost of the surgery.

4. the amount a candidate will will be as followed (total amount collected will be total minimum of $500 - the paypal fees - web hosting fees), the reason for this quota is small amount does not have much significant differences.

5. We will need the people who is willing to voluteer as the following position:
- president of the operation (over see the whole operation)
- 2 vice president as financial secretary (responsible to collecting the issuing the funds) (Bambu already showed interest in this position)
- 1 vice president as online development officer (web design, hosting and responsible for updating the site with new candidate).

Each positions carries a honory (symobolic) salary of $1.00 (one dollar) a month.

Let me know what you guys thinks!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 04:17:35 PM by ifireworks »

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
I am not really sure.... that's another problem.  I think there has to have some level of interest.  It will be sad if lots of effort are put into it without helping out anyone in the end.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Billy....

This should be a foundation that provides the 'sufferer' with funds to have surgery....  If a guy has already had surgery and paid for it, then he should be out of the equasion.

Another thought, what if a Gyne sufferer has lots of coin but is too cheap to pay for it himself? He then applies to have his Gyne removed with the funds that we raise. This would not be fair to the guys who actually need the finacial help. Lots of people go to great lenghts to get stuff for free.  :-/

Also, what about the young'ns who's parents have lots of dough but are too cheap to get their kid an Op?

Just thoughts....

John.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 05:18:43 PM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024