Author Topic: Surgery Booked With Dr Levick  (Read 16005 times)

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hello Everyone

I recently had my consultation with Dr Levick and booked my operation for the 17th December.  I can't really quite believe that it is going to happen. 

It's been about 15 years of having to deal with this problem on my chest, dieting, working out, spot training, ANYTHING you can think off to try and reduce the size of my chest - NHS GP's telling me it was just fat and that I needed to diet....

Anyway after many consultations with many surgeons I finally set my heart on Dr Levick - I have been on this thread for quite a while reading what you guys have been through and how you have been transformed, it really has helped me make the decision to do this, so thanks to you all for photos and updates....

I'll upload pics just before the op, for now I am working out and getting in to shape as well as stopping smoking and drinking and annoyingly cutting out tomatoes, garlic and olive oil! They are worse than the cigarettes to be honest!!!

bye for now - any tips for pre-op most welcome!!!!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Well done! I was told to stop the tomatoes and garlic two weeks prior to surgery. Have you been told to stop now?

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
Well done! I was told to stop the tomatoes and garlic two weeks prior to surgery. Have you been told to stop now?
Why tomatoes? i eat em everyday and got surgery next week  :(

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
They thin your blood according to Dr L.

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hi

Yeah this is what he told me to do - no tomatoes, garlic or olive oil before hand - I also quit drinking as of the weekend and intend to be booze free until well after the surgery to try and get the best results I possibly can!!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Good man! I'm sure he shown you the picture of the chap who went drinking and playing darts the day after? :P

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Yep he showed me that picture.

I have weddings before and after the surgery but all of my friends know about it and there will be no drinking pier pressure involved!!!

I have booked a holiday for july next year with a group of friends and will hopefully be near recovery by that point - t shirt, t shirt-less the lot!!!

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hi Everyone

Who has had surgery with Dr Levick? A question, in other practices I see people organising blood tests before the surgery, Dr Levick however hasn't mention this.  I wonder if you all did.

Thanks

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
I didn't have to do anything apart from not eat garlic and tomatoes two weeks prior to surgery.

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
I didn't have to do anything apart from not eat garlic and tomatoes two weeks prior to surgery.
Did the doctor say the reasoning behind that? I'm curious.
My surgery was done on Oct 20th, 2014 by Dr. J. Craig Fielding in Toronto, Ontario.

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Yeah, Dr L said they thin your blood. :)

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Yeah Blood thinning foods out!!!

Which for me is very sad because I eat them all of the time - When did you stop eating them Flatasapancake?

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Two weeks before mate.

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
I'm not normally the dumbest person but how do you upload pictures on here? I was looking to do it, I am at 6 weeks pre op and I wanted to add photots!!

Thanks guys

Offline bob1234

• Posting Member
Hi maurice,

One way to upload here is to first upload them to a site like postimage.org (this one requires no signup, but you could use photobucket etc), then get the link and wrap it in "[ img ]" tags, e.g. "[ img ] somelink[ /img ]". You can also change the dimensions with something like "[ img  width=300]somelink[ /img ]" etc   

To make a nice table use the table grids icons in the post editor, then stick your img tags between the tds.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024