Author Topic: puffiness in nipples after surgery  (Read 2216 times)

Offline jpeppers

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,
I had my surgery yesterday and everything went smoothly enough.  When I finally took my vest off today I noticed that although the fat was gone their was still puffiness in my nipples, especially the left one.  Although this is probably normal I just wanted to see if I should have any reason to be concerend.  When i feel my nipples their is not the same tough stuff as their was before the surgery and their is nothing behind them.  Hopefully I am worrying about something that will go away soon enough, let me know if this is normal, my post-op visit isn't for another two days and I am only slightly worried.

DrBermant

Hi everyone,
I had my surgery yesterday and everything went smoothly enough.  When I finally took my vest off today I noticed that although the fat was gone their was still puffiness in my nipples, especially the left one.  Although this is probably normal I just wanted to see if I should have any reason to be concerend.  When i feel my nipples their is not the same tough stuff as their was before the surgery and their is nothing behind them.  Hopefully I am worrying about something that will go away soon enough, let me know if this is normal, my post-op visit isn't for another two days and I am only slightly worried.

One day after surgery is very early.

"Puffy Nipples" is a very vague phrase that means so many different things to different people.   Standardized photographs are one good way of showing contour issues.  Contour problems can be one of residual tissues such as gland left behind, swelling, or just normal firmness of healing tissues that tends to show up during animation.  All healing tissues have some degree of firmness that tends to soften up over time as with any cut.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, after care, scar care, compression and other factors best explored with your doctor or someone you see for a second opionion evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Very common.

I had surgery and my puffy nips are only 25-40% better. I am planning on having a revision in the near future.

Sux, I know. Puffy nipples seem to be stubborn and often times do not completely resolve on the first op.

Offline jpeppers

• Posting Member
how long was it after your first surgery that you felt that all of the swelling had gone down and you were unhappy that you still had puffy nips?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
how long was it after your first surgery that you felt that all of the swelling had gone down and you were unhappy that you still had puffy nips?

I answered your PM.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024