Author Topic: My gynecomastia is making me suicidal help??  (Read 8830 times)

Offline mrstew12

• Posting Member
i know it might sound like im overreacting but it makes me so sad when i see it and when i put on a shirt and it pokes out or the fact i have been in pool in years it makes me wanna give up im only 16 i know it will be years before i can save up and afford it because my family doesn't have the money for it.
it just makes me so sad

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
You could try to get your insurance to pay for it. Does it hurt? I've heard many success stories of insurance paying for all or most of the surgery because of pain. Tell your doctor that the breast masses are painful, that you can't sleep at night because lying on your stomach is too painful, etc. You get the idea.

If that doesn't work out, then there have been some drugs that have proven promising, but only if your gyno is puberty related, not fat related. Read up on Tamoxifen and Anastrizol. These drugs will probably not cure your gyno, but they will make it smaller.

If these don't work, (assuming you have good credit), you can talk to a bank or surgeon for payment options. Try to work something out.

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
If you feel like you might hurt yourself - talk to your parents ASAP - the suicidal thoughts are of bigger concern than the gyno, even if gyno is the cause of the thoughts.  Please talk to your parents now.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Don't worry man, you'll be ok. You'll come out stronger in the end.

Start saving, get on with your life, and before you know it you'll have enough money.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline thetodd

The way you have to look at it, is in X amount of years i will be able to get the surgery

Theres a lot worse things to have than gyne (although it doesnt seem like it) at least your not in a wheelchair or blind. Im not saying its not a big problem, im saying it can and it will be fixed eventually. Get yourself some underarmour and just start saving like mad you can legally work now right? so just do as much as you can

just remember you will get it sorted one day. Your 16 ..... youve got a good life ahead of you!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Ah the suicidal thoughts... bad times.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people have been through the same thing here. I know I thought about it some days. This was mainly the first year or two where I really started to notice them.

As time passes, you learn to deal with em. The best thing you can do right now is START SAVING. What worked for me is setting aside a portion of any money I got (I kept the stash behind some dvds in a book shelf).

The worst thing you can do is nothing and keep stressing yourself about it. Get those savings started (talk to your parents about it, see if they'll do a $ for $ saving plan or something).

Offline vineet

• Posting Member
The thing is unlike a small penis this can atleast be fixed. So take confort from that fact.

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Ironically, a thick wallet can cure both.

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Hey we have all been there!  Good news is you will work hard to save up the money and get it soon.  If you work at McDonalds you can save 400 per month you will have it paid for in less than a year.  The world is owned by hard workers!  Work hard and it's all yours!!!

GynO_DuDe

Ironically, a thick wallet can cure both.

LOL ... sorry I know its inappropriate, but that made me laugh out loud.

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Well I wasn't so much referring to the enlargement surgery itself... a fat wallet can compensate for a great many things....ask bill gates

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
See a Psychologist.

Not only can a Psychologist help you cope with your condition, they may be able to help you establish a medical necessity for the surgery.

The services of a Psychologist are probably covered by your medical insurance, at school, or through a church etc.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
said it before, i'll say it again.  the way i look at it is simple.  

turn on yourself, gyne wins.  knife it out, you defeat it.  

however long it takes, i plan to dance on mine's grave  >:(   >:(   >:(
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024