Author Topic: Overweight with Gynecomastia  (Read 3918 times)

Offline biggie1

Hello Everyone,

I am about 5'11 and weight around 100KG , so i am overweight. I need to make the decision of whether to go ahead with surgery or not.

Seeing as i am overweight, if i tried to lose weight would the gynecomastia disappear ?

Also would i be left with scars after the surgery ? and is it only one op that i would need to have ?

Hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

Biggie1

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
I would say start with your weight loss first.

I quit drinking a year before my operation & shed a good chunk of my weight as I was drinking very large amounts daily.

Exercising will make you feel better way before you have your op aswell as put you in shape so that you are healthy & strong for the GA. I would assume you are going to want to stay healthy post-op to maximise results.

I am quite skinny / fat if you know what I mean, I still intend to shift more weight/ turn remaining the fat to muscle.

RE: scars - I think a decent private plastic surgeon will leave little to no scarring in most cases, mine involved 2 cuts under the armpit (they are almost un-noticable after 3 weeks). Really depends on who does the surgery.......carefully research that.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Good answer but I might add only a bit.

There are many parts to the issue of scars but to narrow this down as much as possible, there are two that cannot be eliminated. They are you and the Surgeon. The major thing is how well you heal and how much scar tissue you form in the process. The second is the skill of the surgeon. The first you are stuck with and the second well, you get to choose the surgeon so do it with great care.

Even the most minor of cuts in the skin will leave a scar, With a good surgeon yours should be quite well hidden with time.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024