Author Topic: What is wrong with my body? klinefelters possibly?  (Read 19201 times)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Would suggest definitive genetic testing to rule out Klinefelter's -- but in viewing your photos, posts and endo results, I would doubt if you do have it.

I agree with many other posters -- you have a body which is somewhat out of shape.  Have you ever his the gym hard and consistently?

However, your self image (as you have posted) is questioning whether you are indeed male or female.  I think you might do yourself some good by discussing this situation with a mental health professional -- they may be able to shed some light on your image problem.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member
I know I'm not a female. I don't feel like a man either, even tho I'd like to be. I feel like a stupid boy. A kid. My self image is one thing, but my body is not that of an adult man, as it should be.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
If I were you, I would hit the gym and work out so I would be in better shape for the summer...
Matter of fact that's exactly what I'm doing!

I was also skeptical of whther I had Klinefelters Syndrome or not and felt that I had the symptoms...fat on hips and butt and narrow shoulders, but I've been exercising instead of complaining about my body. I am seeing changes and I don't think I have Klinefelters Syndrome, just some fat that I needed to lose because I was out of shape for a long time!

Try it!

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member
I will try hitting the gym. I have already had gyne surgery, but Its still very noticeable while wearing a t-shirt :(
Do you think losing more weight would cause me to look normal in a tshirt? I have a BMI of 22 right now. Feels like theres so much scar tissue under there tho, along with fat (shouldn't all the fat be gone with surgery?)

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
You could try losing weight if your surgeon has approved and maybe post some after surgery pictures soon?

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member
I already posted after pictures in the first post of the thread. How much should I massage to get rid of scar tissue? 30 min each side daily?

Edit: Really makes me sad to realize how much of a failure my gynecomastia surgery was. My boobs shouldn't fucking wiggle when I'm not fucking fat post-op.

F*ck this life. Seriously.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:59:53 PM by eyooh »

Offline anonymouse

Hey man,

I was searching the internet for info on Klinefelter's today when I found this thread. I registered to write to you because I feel like I've been in the same position as you are in now. Ever since I was younger, I've had a "different" looking body than all the other guys. I was overweight when I was little, but grew out of it once I got into Junior High. Even then, I still looked different, very similar to how you look. It sucked growing up and having the same body when all of the other guys grew up and developed muscles, abs, etc. Everyone was shallow at the age; good looks/attractiveness was the only thing that mattered.

I know you seem pretty set on your self-diagnosis of Klinefelter's... It would explain so much right? It would give reason to everything, all of your troubles, low self-esteem, etc. The fact of the matter is this: whether you have Klinefelter's or not, this is you man. I know it's hard to feel good about yourself in this world when you feel like you don't match up to society's definition of attractive, believe me, I do. But there are so many more ways to be attractive, successful, popular, etc... You just have to accept yourself for who you are, no matter what. It's certainly not your fault that you were born the way you were... Why spend your life wishing you were different when you could say, "I don't care what others think. They're stupid and shallow and I feel sorry for them."

You seem like a decent person. Try not to get discouraged... If you do have Klinefelter's, try and make the best of it. If not, try and accept that everyone is made differently and being different isn't a bad thing. Society may determine the standards for success and attractiveness, etc. but only we have the final say. I've been active and tried working out before, but was never satisfied with myself until I started focusing on the more important things. I'm 21 now, and going to school to be a doctor (Pre-Med currently). All the guys I know at our college who run, work out, and have great bodies are either idiots who are going nowhere in life, or losers who will never succeed in building a relationship based on anything other than attraction (which won't be good). Junior High/High School = girls looking for the "hot" guys. College and later = girls looking for the smart guys, or guys who know what they're doing with their life. You'll be okay, just hang in there. Get a chromosome (karyotype) analysis if you insist on knowing for sure.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
I don't think you have klinefelters, but then again, I'm not really qualified to say that. Anyhow, hit the gym,and hit it consistently. If I was you, I would work on my shoulders and legs--especially legs. When you work out your legs, when you squat, your body releases enormous amounts of testosterone. Also, if you're worried about your narrow shoulders, do military presses.

Anyway, go to bodybuilding.com . It's the most comprehensive site on the net for bodybuilding. You just need to work out. I'm pretty sure your body fat is pretty high despite your thin frame. Get a membership, hire a personal trainer for a few weeks, and stick to it. You'll be amazed by the results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024