Author Topic: Fat depositing below the waist and thighs  (Read 6866 times)

Offline alane

• Posting Member
I'm 37 and have always been rather skinny and always thought my hips are a bit wide in comparisson to my shoulders. I never really thought much of this, but some women have made some comments that I am putting on fat in my hips, buttucks and thighs more than the average guy and that I have female body fat. I haven't discussed this with my doctor since I like how my figure is, but should I be concerned that this early signs of health problems?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I highly doubt if you would have any health problems from having wide hips dude. That's just the way you are built.

I'm the same way... Smallish shoulders with wide(ish) hips. When I put on weight, it seems to collect in my belly, butt, and thighs.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
It is not uncommon for these symptoms to manifest because of elevated or unbalanced estrogen levels.  I would go have your hormone levels checked (and not just estrogen).

Offline fallentraveler

• Posting Member
Well, my estrogen levels are higher than normal according to my doctor and I have the same issue. I have extremely feminine thighs, hips, and butt that are common for females but not males. However, this may not have negative health affects though. While I am not a doctor, I do know for a fact that access body fat on your mid-section (stomach, abs, etc.) is far  more dangerous than access fat in your hips, butt, and thighs. If you feel that there might be problems resulting from or potential health problems, it would not hurt to bring it up with your doctor. Since you do have excess fat deposits in these areas, you might want to talk to your doctor about imbalanced hormone levels, probably high estrogen levels (props to replies above for already mentioning this).

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I too think that it is simply a matter of your body type and means nothing in itself. It might be meaningful if you had symptoms of hypogonadism though.

Out of curiousity though, could you post your hip, waist and chest measurements? Also, where is your natural waist in relation to your navel? At, above, below? And how far?

My condition was similar to yours until my mid thirties. Between the ages of 35 and 40, I grew an inch taller and added 4 inches to my chest. My feet grew from size 8 to size 9 in that same time. My hips were unchanged as far as I know.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:31:36 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline alane

• Posting Member
Waist: 28" at navel
Hip: 36-38" not sure exactly sure where to measure it
I do wear a 34A sports bra for comfort and to minimize the size of my breast, but it seems to be feeling tighter since last Christmas when I added 10lb.
If I do have a imbalance in hormone levels do I have to take medication if it's not a health risk?

Offline shen

• Posting Member
I have the same exact issue as you. I am bony-skinny from my waste up...I am 22 and weigh 145 lbs, but I have a lot of extra fat in my ass and legs. I put weight on where a girl would, and it is very noticeable when you weigh 145 lbs. And the problem is, being that light, I really can't healthily lose MORE weight.

I am curious about hormonal therapy (assuming that is the problem). Does anyone have experience with HRT? Could I really expect therapy to alter my body weight distribution to gain a more masculine appearance?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024