Author Topic: My dairy on Gynecomastia surgery experience (Bangalore)  (Read 15678 times)

Offline poiuytrewq

Hi , can you tell me what was the cost and can it be covered under mediclaim or insurance.

Thanks and goodluck for your recovery.

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Hello,
      Most types of medical insurance don't cover gynecomastia surgery. But please check with your insurance provider regarding the same.

Offline kumarravi

• Posting Member
Did you have the glandular component right under the areola or you have a circular ring like glandular tissue around the areola ?

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member

The glad was around aereola . The growth was like a circular ring all around the aereola.

Offline kumarravi

• Posting Member
I hope you must have been doing great by now. How is the nipple sensitivity now? Are they numb? Do they respond to touch and temperature changes ?

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
The surgeon told me that it would take 3 to 6 months to get back the sensation in and around the nipple.

I have slight sensation on the right as of now , but the left nipple still feels numb. But I am not bothered by that as it does not affect my daily life.

Offline haiffa

Hi guys ,does anyone one of you know an excellent Rhinoplasty doctor in banglore ,india?i really need help with this

Offline Urbanhippie

Congrats..even I got operated by Dr Naveen Rao in July 2013. He's just brilliant. I have some internal scar tissue left, for which i am taking treatment. Otherwise everything looks just perfect. I've been wanting to write a detailed review, but not been able to due to lack of time. Will do it  ASAP

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Hello,
      Thanks !

I just met Dr. Rao today. I went for a follow-up visit to check scarring.
Doctor said everything looks fine as I don't have any complications like as some patients who develop keloid scarring.

He prescribed a cream for the minimal scars that I have.  :-)

What kind of treatment are you on for the scars ?

Offline Urbanhippie

Sorry for the late reply...My scars are internal along the stiches. Tried momate cream, which he prescribed, but didnt work. Visited him last week and he suggested a type of tape to be stuck on the scar for atleast 18hrs a day. He requested me to try it for a month, else will go for injection on the scar. I think it is some steroid injection, which i dont rem the name.

But overall I am happy with the surgery, its symmetrical and is very difficult to make out whether operated or not.

Its been more than 7 months, I still have little bit of numbness around the nipples.

Offline bubal

Hi

I am suffering from gynecomastia , i visit doctor naveen rao yesterday , he told me my grade is 3.
I have lot of fat on my body also so planning to go for gym for first three months then opt for surgery any suggestions will be helpful. Kindly Reply please.

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Hello,
      Good to hear that you have meeting doctors.
I hope doctor explained to you that surgery is just an option and it is not necessary if you willing to accept your condition.

You can workout for few months and see have your chest looks. If you are happy with that surgery is not needed.
so you can do a weight loss program first and see how the chest looks.

If you still feel that there is too much of a manboob, then consider surgery.

Offline Dave92

• Posting Member

Offline Frustrated Patient

• Posting Member
Hello,
I guess I was not as lucky as you. I decided to undergo a surgery from Dr. M S Venkatesh (Mysore Venkatesh)  but did the biggest mistake of my life. I have posted my review here
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=31322.0 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024