Author Topic: Losing Fat After Surgery  (Read 2004 times)

Offline mranon

• Posting Member
Hey I've got another question that has been on my mind.

When you lose bodyfat after a liposuction and gland removal surgery, will you lose fat in your chest proportionally with the rest of your body? Or will you be haunted by gynecomastia again once you've lost fat in the rest of your body?

I entered the surgery around 15% bodyfat, and I plan to cut to around 10-11%. My surgeon told me to enter surgery at a bodyfat percentage that is nearest to my "off season" shape, so 15% was most logical. This is because when I am training to cut, I typically aim for and achieve around 10-11% bodyfat. But in the off season when I am building muscle, I am usually around 15%. So I figured this was the best shape to enter surgery at. (Note: I am not a "bodybuilder", but just someone who trains consistently with weights and wants to be in good shape)

However, I am worried that as I lose fat, I will not lose fat in my chest area and will be presented with the same gyno problem when I cut down to 10-11%. I am currently cutting fat now, and I guess time will tell. I just wanted to ask this question to people who have lost fat after the surgery.

Thanks!

Offline mranon

• Posting Member

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Look, this question has been asked before.  It's weird to me that people are worried about gettin in shape.  You should never be worried about losing body fat until you're in the single digits.  I'm assuming you already had the surgery.  If your chest looks fine now, I don't understand why you think it will look worse if you cut body fat.  15% is a very normal body fat percentage for a guy.  You're not going to suddenly look like you have gyne again just because you get leaner.  AT 15% body fat, you shouldn't have that much fat in your pecs to begin with.  Just friggin relax and go hit the gym already.  I find that people often use this whole body fat "dilemma" as an excuse to be lazy.  You will ALWAYS look better if you're lean, so stop obsessing and just go to it.

Offline mranon

• Posting Member
I am not using it as an excuse not to exercise. I've exercised in some way almost every day for the past 3 years, very intensely. I love doing it and would not be happy without lifting and running. Please do not make assumptions.

In fact, if someone did say that their gyne appeared to return at a low bf%, I would not stay at 15% out of fear that it would happen to me. I would simply cut to a low % and have a revision surgery.

I was just curious to hear from others who have lost weight about how their chest looks.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:27:29 AM by mranon »

Offline bmwman

• Posting Member
Wait a sec.. What do u mean gyne will look like it's there if u drop bf? I'm planning to drop to 9 percent... Anyone??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024