Author Topic: Help! How to determine fat/breast tissue content?  (Read 3431 times)

Offline ModFive

• Posting Member
Hey, I have been going to a number  of doctors recently.  And a lot of them disagree on the amount of gland vs. fat that I have on my chest.  A couple say it is mostly fat and very little gland, and others have commented on the high content of gland vs.  fat.  I dont know what to do here.

The proper assesment affects my insurance claim, it affects the styles of surgery these people are going after, etc.  And I dont think a lot of docs are good at using their fingers to figure this out.  Is there like a type of test that can determine this information for a fact? I.E. a mammogram, ultrasound, or something?  Im tired of theory!  

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Assuming all of the doctors are equally qualified... I would go with the doctor that is diagnosing the HIGHEST amount of gland vs. fat.
This will be best for insurance purposes.

Offline ModFive

• Posting Member
Well I meant more of a real scientific test or tool they could use...

Offline Spleen

I don't think they'll really know until they cut you open.  It can be difficult to tell just by palpation.

Offline hypo

Spleen is correct.

Some people agree with Dr Bermant others disagree with him;

On an issue like this he would not state something that wasn't the truth.   Dr Bermant said that a surgeon cannot 100% tell what is fat and what is gland until he has cut it out and has it in his hands.

Offline ModFive

• Posting Member
Yeah ok.  I just thought maybe an ultrasound or mammagram could discern the masses of fat tissue from gland.

Offline Spleen

I'm not so sure it really matters what % is gland and what % is fat when all the person usually cares about is that they have a teat.

I just got cut 2 days ago.  The doc expected to do gland excision only and we both thought there'd be more gland tissue on my right side than on my left.  As it turns out the gland on the right was tiny compared to the gland on the left and he ended up doing lipo to fix it.  A doc is probably gonna have an opinion about what he expects to see when he gets you open, however it's good to know that the surgeon is prepared to handle any eventuality if the gland/fat differs from his or her expectations.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024