Author Topic: Weight  (Read 3069 times)

Strato

Hi guys, don't really need to go into all the usual details here, since as you can expect going through high school with moderate gyne was not a pleasant experience. But you guys already know that. What you may not know are the profound advantages of losing weight.

A year ago, I weighed 186 pounds at 5 ft. 8. I had pretty bad gyne which could be seen through even relatively thick clothing. Due to reasons unrelated to gyne, I started to get in shape. I basically just did about 70-80 minutes of exercise daily (NO exceptions) for the last 8 months or so, and I'm now down to 157 pounds at 5 ft. 9. As you can imagine, I feel alot better having gained an inch in height and lost about 30 pounds.

Anyway, as college has rolled around (people seem less superficial in college and I haven't really made that many close friends), and I've also resorted to wearing a coat all the time (not just cause of gyne, mainly cause of laziness), I haven't actually worried about this problem so much. Its still irritated me from time to time but not nearly as much as it used to. And then several weeks ago I first really took a look at my gyne again and I see a dramatic reduction. I mean, I clearly still have gyne, but its probably half the size it was before.

Don't get me wrong- with my emotional problem that gyne has caused i'm not about to run around in a t-shirt skipping up and down, or playing jumprope naked in gym class (why would you do that, I don't know. Its just an example, ok!?). BUT...the improvement in my gyne has really added a lot more flexibility in the clothes i'm comfortable wearing.

I've clearly lost a lot of fat in the chest area...but what amazes me is that I feel there isn't as much gland as there was before either, and it doesn't feel quite as "hard" as it was before. All this could be a developmental thing too, because I have been a bit of a late boomer. But the weight loss definitely has made a tremendous difference, and to all the people who are in my situation, just keep in mind that you have a chance to improve yourself without surgery.

So I highly recommend losing weight because it can dramatically improve your gyne!

Offline jackanonymous

• Bronze Member
Alright man, good advice, thanks!

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
what are some things that u can do to get rid of it. I know i can't have surgery and am trying to find a way to get rid of them. Are there certain lifts i can do or pushups or what do i do?
"I can Do ALL Things Through him who Strengthens Me"

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
what are some things that u can do to get rid of it. I know i can't have surgery and am trying to find a way to get rid of them. Are there certain lifts i can do or pushups or what do i do?

You cannot get rid of gyno without surgery (if you've had it for a while already).

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
are you sure i can't have surgery!

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
are you sure i can't have surgery!

If there was another method, I'm sure everyone would be using it instead of surgery.

Strato

You can't get rid of it by losing weight. But if you're chubby, you can make it look a lot better AND be healthier by losing weight. So what are you waiting for  ;D

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
You can't get rid of it by losing weight. But if you're chubby, you can make it look a lot better AND be healthier by losing weight. So what are you waiting for  ;D

THat is true some of the time, but not all the time. Losing weight is good for the health reasons and especially if you are going to have surgery. It will come out better. But it can make it stand out a lot more. All depends on the amount and type of gynecomastia that you have.

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024