Author Topic: Surgeon in Calgary or Alberta area?  (Read 14127 times)

Offline change

Hello all,

I am looking for a surgeon hopefully in the Calgary area. I have found one place that does the procedure but they charge 5,000 cdn for it!! Ugh! It seems that its about two grand less in the TO area....maybe I should fly out there and get it done, I dunno...

If any have leads on Calgary info please respond! I will try to post some pics soon...I definitely have gyne, it seems to be the only place on my body that holds fat!

Thanks

Offline vdc_com

hey change
I am just a brand new member.
I don't know of any place. but actually i m in the calgary area and you mention you found a place where this procedure can be perfomed. Im in the process of lerning and eventually getting this over with in the future. Could you tell me where is this place you mentioned?

Thanks.

Offline owen

• Posting Member
I had the surgury in Edmonton--and it was covered by Alberta health...may want to check into it...

Offline Costanza

• Posting Member
Where in Edmonton did you get it done?  Were you happy with the outcome?  Was it expensive?

Offline M50

Can you please give me the name and phone # of your surgeon?

Offline BAC

• Posting Member
  • what
Where in Edmonton did you get it done?  Were you happy with the outcome?  Was it expensive?

I would also like to know this.  Also, how did you get Alberta healthcare to cover this? Isn't it considered the same as lipo? (IE Cosmetic?)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 08:17:05 AM by BAC »

Offline Jeff123

• Silver Member
  • Ohhh yeah
Gynecomastia is almost always considered "cosmetic" but I think it's often covered in Canada. Phone your provincial healthcare provider to ask, don't rely on your PS to check it out for you unless you want to wait a few months. I waited two months for my PS to ask the BC healthcare provider, then I finally gave up and phoned myself, it was pre-covered for me here in British Columbia.

I assume it is covered for most Canadians.
asymetrical gyne is a bitch.

Offline dirk102

Hi. I'd like to know how much the government will cover. I'm sure being overweight doesn't help, but I have bigger breasts than most chicks. They absolutely kill any confidence I have in any situation. I have been working out, but they haven't changed size at all.
Should I say that my back hurts or something? Or will having a zero sex life suffice?

Should I just go to any doctors office and talk to him about getting it done or what?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 08:48:45 PM by dirk102 »

Offline Calgary_Guy24

• Posting Member
Hey!

My 1st Post on the site.  I had surgery done here in Calgary from Dr. Perron.  He does have a website www.drperron.com .  I am exactly 1 week from my operation.  I have to say he is one incredible doctor, and comparing prices out there very cheap too.  Look into him and any questions you have for me hit me up.  One problem i foresee with him though is how  busy the guy is.  I was looking into surgery late 2005 early 2006 if I had not put my name on the short notice list.

Offline Calgary_Guy24

• Posting Member
As for Alberta Health Care covering it.... I have had huge problems with that.  I had contacted AHC concering them covering the surgery costs.  I was told it was to the discretion of my doctor.  I had seen 2 doctors prior to the plastic surgeon.  And they both said there was nothing they could do!!!

Offline greenman21

• Posting Member
I went for a consiltation with Dr. Lobay in Edmonton. He quoted me $5000 for surgery. he said that there is a possibilaty that the surgury could be covered on AHC but it was very unlickley. I called AHC and they said that beacause it was cosmetic they wouldn't cover it.

On the other hand one guy said that he went to Dr. Feilding in toronto and got some of his cost covered by AHC

Offline Costanza

• Posting Member
That's right greenman21.  I'm paying $1070 for surgery in Toronto with Dr. Feilding.  Even with plane tickets, hotel, food, transportation and anything else that comes up it'll still be cheaper than going with Lobay at $5000 or Campbell, who quoted me at $3000.

Offline greenman21

• Posting Member
Right on Yeah I decided on Dr. Feilding too, I'm going to try to book an apointment on Friday.

If you interested I looked at the west jet flight and same day flights are about $350 taxes included. I'm so excited to see him I hope it turnes out good

Offline FB

• Silver Member
hey Costanza,
Didn't you say that AHC might cover the transportation costs as well...or part of it?

Offline BAC

• Posting Member
  • what
That's right greenman21.  I'm paying $1070 for surgery in Toronto with Dr. Feilding.  Even with plane tickets, hotel, food, transportation and anything else that comes up it'll still be cheaper than going with Lobay at $5000 or Campbell, who quoted me at $3000.

Why would they cover it in Toronto but not Alberta  ???
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 12:09:12 PM by BAC »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024