Author Topic: Drug induced?  (Read 4824 times)

Offline DiabloMasta

Before I got myself straight I grew up doing drugs like weed, oxy's, xanax, and drank often. All which are known to cause gyne.  So my question is there really a chance of them going away since I got clean?  I've heard the saying you can't uncook an egg so you can't ungrow breast tissue, but I've read somewhere else that stopping can heal it.  I just turned 19 and I've had them since I was around 15.  That's when I first started smoking.  It seemed to get worse and worse as I smoked more and more.  If I even smoke/drink/take a little bit I can tell they're noticeably larger until my high wears off.

DrBermant

Before I got myself straight I grew up doing drugs like weed, oxy's, xanax, and drank often. All which are known to cause gyne.  So my question is there really a chance of them going away since I got clean?  I've heard the saying you can't uncook an egg so you can't ungrow breast tissue, but I've read somewhere else that stopping can heal it.  I just turned 19 and I've had them since I was around 15.  That's when I first started smoking.  It seemed to get worse and worse as I smoked more and more.  If I even smoke/drink/take a little bit I can tell they're noticeably larger until my high wears off.

Gland tissue in both men and women can grow and enlarge during stimulation. For women puberty and pregnancy, stimulation can result in breast growth.  Remove the stimulation at the end of breast feeding or during menopause, and breast tissue shrinks - to a degree. It is the same issue with men. Remove the stimulation, and some shrinkage can happen.  Unfortunately for men and fortunately for women, some gland remains behind.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline DiabloMasta

You probably noticed them changing size because you were high, not because they were really changing size.  I don't think it's possible for them to change size like that.  Sorry man

I guess the best thing you could do is wait and see if they go away, but if you're well past puberty, and you've had this for awhile, then it's probably not going away on its own.

I'm not making it up.  Normally they don't go all the way puffy unless I'm really hot. Unless I smoke weed they'll be fully puffy even if I'm cold and pinching wont help if I'm high. 

Offline DiabloMasta

Before I got myself straight I grew up doing drugs like weed, oxy's, xanax, and drank often. All which are known to cause gyne.  So my question is there really a chance of them going away since I got clean?  I've heard the saying you can't uncook an egg so you can't ungrow breast tissue, but I've read somewhere else that stopping can heal it.  I just turned 19 and I've had them since I was around 15.  That's when I first started smoking.  It seemed to get worse and worse as I smoked more and more.  If I even smoke/drink/take a little bit I can tell they're noticeably larger until my high wears off.

Gland tissue in both men and women can grow and enlarge during stimulation. For women puberty and pregnancy, stimulation can result in breast growth.  Remove the stimulation at the end of breast feeding or during menopause, and breast tissue shrinks - to a degree. It is the same issue with men. Remove the stimulation, and some shrinkage can happen.  Unfortunately for men and fortunately for women, some gland remains behind.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Thanks

After a week of not using I noticed they're not puffy all the time.  When I wake up in the mornings and through most of the day it's almost as if I've squeezed them.  If I go outside in the heat they go back to how they use to be.  I haven't noticed a difference in size, but I have to be hotter for them to start being puffy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024