Author Topic: Questions concerning Dr. Fielding  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Novafan

I am a student from the US and looking for an affordable yet effective remedy to this situation.   I have heard a lot of great stuff about Fielding and have some questions.

My gyne is a very very minor case and after changing my diet I am down to 170 lbs (Never was fat just large 6'1 around 205lbs).  When flexed I can feel well formed muscles yet there seems to be a layer of fat/skin (very loose mass) present around the nipple area.    I feel very small poppy bumps (not a large gland).  It destroys the tone of my pecs.  

Over the next few months I am going to start up another bulk cycle and try and build more mass in my chest.  Maybe more muscle will fill in the loose skin to my liking.  However I wanna pursue my operation options.  Its just gotten to the point where this consumes my being!  

How much would Dr. Fielding charge an US student with a minor case of gyne?  I am talking excision and lypo (although I may not need both)  Forget traveling expenses and such.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Novafan....

One member of this Site paid JCF $3300 (CND) for both excision and lipo. You may be able to talk Fielding down a bit as you are a student.

Read  this thread. Fourth posting from the top of the Page.    ;)

John.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 06:49:12 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Novafan

Thanks for the reply and info!  As I can see from your pictures as well as others, Dr. Fielding is the man!  I am from the US though and a 7-8 hour drive away (def worth it if I could get it done for around $2600 US dollars).  I did find a few round trips for $250.  I doubt I could find any surgeons as good charging the same in the NJ/NY area or Chicago area.

Wonder if I could get insurance to cover it...would have to complain of discomfort or maybe relate it to a long family history of breast cancer...

Offline nowchasing

• Posting Member
One of my friend was a international student from Australia, and he used one of his friend's Ontario Health Insurance to cover it.  But, that is considered a fraud, at same time what can he do?  I guess sometimes it is forgivable!

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
I usually despise people who abuse our excellent health care system, but for a fellow gyne sufferer... I suppose I could let it slide.

Anyway I recall reading recently about Dr. Fieldings office no longer accepting out-of-country patients because their malpractice insurance policy doesn't cover them (or something along those lines). I would call their office and double check.

You can look in the Canada forum for their contact info.

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
I usually despise people who abuse our excellent health care system, but for a fellow gyne sufferer... I suppose I could let it slide.

Anyway I recall reading recently about Dr. Fieldings office no longer accepting out-of-country patients because their malpractice insurance policy doesn't cover them (or something along those lines). I would call their office and double check.

You can look in the Canada forum for their contact info.

I was out of country and they accepted me no problems. And it is in no way abusing the health system because we pay the full cost of the surgery. From every checkup to every perscription.

So yea I was the guy who payed 3300 CAD for the surgery. That was the full cost, talk to him, let him know your situation and you might be able to get a little bit of a discount.

Good luck and keep us updated.
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
Whoops upon further reading this thread I see a-man was referring to someone else! Sorry about that!

Offline Novafan

So dps, your not a Canadian citizen or just not a member of the OHI?  If I am unable to get the surgery because of my US citizenship with Fielding could someone recommend a plastic surgeon in NJ/NY or Chicago area?  1. Experienced/Effective 2. Not expensive

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
One of my friend was a international student from Australia, and he used one of his friend's Ontario Health Insurance to cover it.  But, that is considered a fraud, at same time what can he do?  I guess sometimes it is forgivable!

Yeah, the Ontario government is getting very strict with OHIP fraud. I'm sure it wouldn't be pleasant if one were to get caught.   :o :o :o

John.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 10:19:55 AM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024