Author Topic: Bought my first (of many to come!) Pair of women's pants  (Read 9205 times)

Busted (and happy)

The confidence of yourself in anything you wear is crucial. As I think a few decades, the changes were fairly daunting as I seagued from  plain white mens shirts to my first pink, then later to flowery paterened ones. I was very introspective. Looking back no one I met cared a "stuff"

I was feeling much the same when beginning to wear a bra for very practical reasons, seagued to wearing a skirt {initially as a more comfortable option during a very hot, humid UK summer} and then finding that almost all women's clothing was far more comfortable than that in the men's aisles. Each stage was disconcerting to me but again most people seemed not to notice or, if they did, didn't give a damn.

In any case my starting point is to "not allow others govern how I feel"  and certainly not what I choose to wear. 

Confused old man

It’s so true how women’s clothing can be much more comfortable than men’s. I wore wrangler cowboy cut jeans all my life. I had hernia surgery a little over two years ago. The first thing the nurse said is to get rid of those jeans and buy something with stretch in them. She called my jeans stranglers. She said that there is men’s jeans with stretch in them and most women’s jeans have stretch also. So don’t be afraid to investigate all your options. Restrictions in movement as we age is a bad thing. So shop both sides of the store to find your perfect fit and style with lots of comfort. If your on that side of the store buying a bra or panties. You should try on jeans also to find that perfect fit. And maybe women’s jeans are not o good option for some. But at least you will know after trying some on.

Busted (and happy)

Absolutely "Confused old man" . 
Women's clothing  is one area where for many, ignorance certainly isn't bliss

aboywithgirls

Almost a decade before   "Sophie " was born. I was wearing mostly clothing that  came from the women's  department or a women's clothing store. It all fit better than any men's clothing that I could find. I looked and looked and I couldn't find a single bra in the men's department. After a decade of so of wearing a bra full  time, it hit me. I started wearing panties because they fit. Women's button  down  blouses  wear also designed for a  chest shaped like mine. Slacks and jeans were also cut to fit my hips and waist. This was long before my transition that I learned that women's clothing wasn't just for women anymore. At least until in my case it was. 

Wear what you like and wear what fits. 

Offline gotgyne

Almost a decade before  "Sophie " was born. I was wearing mostly clothing that  came from the women's  department or a women's clothing store. It all fit better than any men's clothing that I could find. I looked and looked and I couldn't find a single bra in the men's department.
Hi Sophie, in fact women's clothing has a lot of advantages. Some days ago I was looking for short shorts, but the men's department at C&A didn`t have them, they had only bermuda shorts. In the women's department there were large sizes for young women. Voilà. The best short shorts I got:). It was a little strange to use one of the changing cubicles since there were a lot of young women in their 20s around. But no reaction.
Some years ago a lingerie company tried to launch a sports bra for men. They asked for suggestions from men what they needed. But I never read about the result. It seems that this was a nonstarter.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline JoniDee

• Silver Member
Almost a decade before  "Sophie " was born. I was wearing mostly clothing that  came from the women's  department or a women's clothing store. It all fit better than any men's clothing that I could find....
Wear what you like and wear what fits.
I've always had problems fitting in men's pants. I still have to cinch my belt a good two inches around my natural waist, when I pull up my men's jeans. I'm 5' 6" and wear either a men's size 34/28 or 32/28 inch (if I can find that length), or a women's size 10/12 Petite.

aboywithgirls

Hey Jonni🤗!

It sounds like ladies jeans and slacks will probably work well based on the fitting challenges you are faced with. 

I can say that Torrid is an excellent place for men to shop for women's clothing. I bought a lot of my clothing when I was still pretending to be a man. The SAs there are happy to help men find and try on clothing that fits.

I'm a size 10 but, with women's sizes,  the sizing is not always reliable so it's always a good idea to use the fitting room before buying women's clothing. 

🤗🥰👩‍🦰
Sophie ❤️ 

Offline JoniDee

• Silver Member
Hey Jonni🤗!

It sounds like ladies jeans and slacks will probably work well based on the fitting challenges you are faced with.

I can say that Torrid is an excellent place for men to shop for women's clothing. I bought a lot of my clothing when I was still pretending to be a man. The SAs there are happy to help men find and try on clothing that fits.

I'm a size 10 but, with women's sizes,  the sizing is not always reliable so it's always a good idea to use the fitting room before buying women's clothing.

🤗🥰👩‍🦰
Sophie ❤️
Hey Sophie!

I've found that Land's End women's basic mock turtleneck shirts and polo shirts work well for me. So does Bonobos' line of shirts, which come tailored for short males like myself. Charter Club size 10 Petite jeans fit great on me. But dressier pants are a problem, so I'll check out Torrid for those!

Jonni ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:17:46 AM by JonniDee »

aboywithgirls

Hey Jonni 🤗 

Torrid also has some button down blouses they call "Camp Shirts". They come in solid colors as well as various plaid patterns. The have an androgynous look to them with a feminine cut. They have a generous chest area that tapers nicely at the waist that flares out at the hips to accommodate a more traditional feminine figure. The material is super soft and airy. I wear mine year round. 

😍🥰🤗
Sophie ❤️ 

Offline carfreak

• Posting Member
Hello all. I wear 36 or 34 x 32 mens jeans. I have a pair of womens jeans in a 10. The womens jeans sit lower than the mens. Is this way with most or all of womens jeans? What kind of underwear you wear with them? I wear boxers. I looked at a chart size and shows i would need 15 or 16 to fit which i dont understand unless they are higher up on my body. Thanks

OnlyGodKnowsWhy

Hello all. I wear 36 or 34 x 32 mens jeans. I have a pair of womens jeans in a 10. The womens jeans sit lower than the mens. Is this way with most or all of womens jeans? What kind of underwear you wear with them? I wear boxers. I looked at a chart size and shows i would need 15 or 16 to fit which i dont understand unless they are higher up on my body. Thanks
Personally I'm a briefs type of guy, but I do wear boxers when I'm just wearing gym type shorts and want to let everything breathe. I started wearing panties several years ago and loved the way they felt, but never liked how they didn't allow room for my package, which led to the front waist band riding extremely low. I finally stumbled across Joe Boxer briefs and caught some on sale. They are super silky and feel amazing, are made to fit the make anatomy but feel just like panties. I couldn't help myself and right after I received my first order, I ordered even more and have completely replaced my underwear drawer with only these. They are soooo dang comfy.... Joe Boxer only has the "pride" edition on their website right now which I'm not a fan of, but thats what I bought anyway and have no regrets. I 1000% recommend trying them out. If anything just throw out the rainbow pair and have a 3 pack of primary colors. Thats what I did. I wear a 32 waist jean and the medium fit perfect

p.r.1974

Regarding the low-rise waist of some women's jeans, this may just be for this pair. I have purchased several pair of jeans ranging from low rise to sky high, just not skinny jeans as my calves and ankles just will not fit.

Confused old man

I wear size 12 lee 100% cotton jeans with a 33 inseam that fit perfect. I’m 5-11. Men’s jeans when I wore them were 35-36 waist size. My measurements are 44-37-43. The lee jeans are midrise and hit just below my belly button. High rise jeans hit the belly button. And also it all depends how big your hips and butt is to how they fit. They make jeans for every shape out there. Just have to go try on the different makes and styles.

Offline SideSet

I agree, COM, and our best fit starts with looking in the women’s, not men’s section 

aboywithgirls

Yes!! Sky high Bombshell Skinny jeans from Torrid are my favorites!

Sophie ❤️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024