Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Photos / Re: Been a hard day
« Last post by 42CSurprise! on Today at 11:18:04 AM »
I imagine even on a hard day there is still some comfort from wearing a brassiere.  There is something about feeling the band around my chest that comforts me.  Yes, I love how the cups hold my breasts but the band feels almost like a hug.  Of course, I don't wear a brassiere all the time so I don't experience the relief we hear some women have taking off their brassiere after a long day wearing it.  Hope today is a better day Charli.
Acceptance / Re: Crossdressers Excited by Their Gynecomastia
« Last post by 42CSurprise! on Today at 11:07:49 AM »
Black is black. White is white.  Color blind people don't change the real colors they misperceive.  While I have compassion for the color blind, I don't change my acceptance of real colors to humor them.
Your Color Red Could Be My Blue.

Couldn't resist Moobzie.  
Acceptance / Re: Transgender But Not Transitioning
« Last post by 42CSurprise! on Today at 11:01:17 AM »
...Unjust violence is a problem of morality - acts chosen, for the most part, by the perpetrators.  Can't really blame patriarchy, matriarchy, oligarchy or even malarchy.
This clearly isn't the place to take a deep dive into this topic but a factor you're not acknowledging with which I am familiar is the impact trauma has on all of us.  Acts of violence can certainly be called immoral and on the surface it can appear they are volitional but we now have a much deeper understanding of how trauma impacts the brain and can lead to behaviors that can cause great suffering both for the perpetrator and those around him or her.  That will never be relieve the perpetrator of responsibility and it will always be society's determination of what is a fair and useful punishment.  But none of us is free of the influence of the environment into which we were born.  The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree and not every home is a happy one.
Photos / Been a hard day
« Last post by Charli 💕 on Yesterday at 09:15:46 PM »
It's been a hard day. I'm just now putting on my pajamas so I'll be changing out of my top and my underwire bra and putting on my sleeping bra and my nightgown. But I just thought I'd share with you what I wore today nothing glamorous just something that was comfortable all day under my man shirt. 
« Last post by Moobzie on Yesterday at 08:55:13 PM »
Black is black. White is white.  Color blind people don't change the real colors they misperceive.  While I have compassion for the color blind, I don't change my acceptance of real colors to humor them.
« Last post by Moobzie on Yesterday at 08:50:21 PM »
I agree that there is a causal correlation between testosterone and aggressive behavior - even with females who get it during trans treatment (e.g., Nashville shooter who killed 3 kids and 3 adults).  It even occurs in other species (male cervids during the rut, bull elephants in theirs).  However, the point I was making is that violence is not perpetrated exclusively by males or testosteronized females.  There are also many examples of female mass murderesses (yeah, I know - old fashioned word, but it fits here).  Unjust violence is a problem of morality - acts chosen, for the most part, by the perpetrators.  Can't really blame patriarchy, matriarchy, oligarchy or even malarchy.
« Last post by 42CSurprise! on Yesterday at 07:58:21 PM »
You obviously have a better memory of that book than I do Moobzie.  I haven't looked at it in over forty years and it was definitely not the focus of my graduate studies.  The title popped into my mind reading Evolver's comments with which I agree.  Perhaps this article sheds some light on the topic of testosterone and violence.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2021/09/harvard-biologist-discusses-testosterones-role-in-society/
« Last post by Parity on Yesterday at 04:40:22 PM »
  I tend to think of it in simple terms.

If someone, born with an appendage between their legs and raised as a boy,  then truly feels in their head and heart they are a woman I would argue every time they dress in men's clothing they are cross dressing.  Wearing clothing you feel is wrong for you would then be cross dressing.  Shame society has the power to see things as only black and white.
« Last post by Moobzie on Yesterday at 03:10:03 PM »
There is also a whole bunch of historico-archeological evidence that matriarchal societies were not all that benevolent - lots and lots of infanticide.  Unjust violence is not limited to males (Cleopatra's Egypt, Elizabethan and Victorian England - duh!).

The book you showed the link to has some major historical falsehoods.  The author's thesis that patriarchy is the father (pun intended!) of all aggression while matriarchalism is pacific  - using monarchial England as an example - is ludicrous (just ask the Scots and the  Irish!!!).  And claiming that humanity was mostly peaceful until those terrible Jews invented violence and those terrible Catholics "demoted" Christ's Mother is asinine.
Human history - actual history - is far more complex, nuanced, and interesting than the crap-headed bigotry in that book.
« Last post by 42CSurprise! on Yesterday at 12:07:09 PM »
It is worth noting that it hasn't always been this way... testosterone in charge of everything that matters... or so it believes.  I read a fascinating book years ago that looks at archaeological evidence of female values predominating in some early cultures.  Yes, we could use more estrogen and less testosterone when it comes both to international relations AND family relations...

Chalice and the Blade
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024