Author Topic: Please Help Me Out....  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Lars09

• Posting Member
I've had gyno ever since I was 11. At first it was just big nipples, but as I finished high school it got worse. Now, at 19, they look awful. I'm not fat, but my chest is very soft, and I can feel hard lumps under my nipples and the surrounding area. I tried going to the gym, hoping if I got bigger and my chest muscles grew, it would make the gyno look relatively better, but all that did was make it look worse in clothes. It really affects my social life, especially around girls, I don't even try anymore. I was hoping it would get better after I became an adult, but it's even been getting worse this year. I can't really tell my parents because they wouldn't understand, and would probably joke about it which would just make me feel worse.

I need to know where I can get surgery done in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I don't really have a lot of money, but I'll get a job and save for surgery. How much does this operation cost on average, and are there any reputable surgeons in Toronto that any of you know about?

Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance.

Offline MrHappy

• Posting Member
in canada i wouldnt know. but the average cost for surgery is between 2000-8000. mine was 6500 including liposucton and gland removal

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Go to the "Find a Surgeon in Your Area" subsection of these forums. You'll be able to find help there. Good luck.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It may just be your perception that has changed over the last year and not the condition itself.

If your condition is worsening, or even if you just think it is, you should see a DR. (Preferrably an Endocrinologist) to check whether your hormones are normal.

Usually, the cause of the condition cannot be determined and usually it is harmless. Sometimes though it is a symptom of other things that need medical treatment.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Lars09

• Posting Member
Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely look in the Canada section, and find a good doctor. And I'll check with a doctor first too. Thanks a lot.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
You're really lucky, two of the best surgeons in canada are in toronto. In fact I'm flying out to get my surgery done there tomorrow morning by Dr. Fielding. He'll be your best option, surgery cost is around $1900.

At least you have a good attitude about getting a job and saving money. A lot of new people I see around here don't even want to do that.

Good luck dude, and let your parents know (After you've done a lot of research and know exactly what to say to them) you'd be surprised how supportive they can be (I thought mine would blow me off too).

Offline Lars09

• Posting Member
Thanks Merangue, for the advice and kind words.

1900 is a lot lower than I was expecting, I think I'll be able to pay for that myself. Yeah, I think if I tell my parent's I'll have to first figure out how to present it to them so that they know I'm not kidding around.

Offline RealCanadian

• Posting Member
Hello Lars09,

we welcome your questions, there are a lot of great people on these forums that have provided many experiences or 'guides' as i know them, and will continue to answer your questions. 

Consider yourself lucky in some ways, as at 19 you are still very young and I wish i was able to take the same action as you would like at that age.  I am 29 and have just had surgery done.  What you describe is a story that very much sounds like mine.  My advice with the girls, just keep your head up and keep trying.  I've tried and found success at times even with gyne.  Good luck with everything.  You are on a road to success just by being here on this forum. 

Offline Lars09

• Posting Member
Hello Lars09,

we welcome your questions, there are a lot of great people on these forums that have provided many experiences or 'guides' as i know them, and will continue to answer your questions. 

Consider yourself lucky in some ways, as at 19 you are still very young and I wish i was able to take the same action as you would like at that age.  I am 29 and have just had surgery done.  What you describe is a story that very much sounds like mine.  My advice with the girls, just keep your head up and keep trying.  I've tried and found success at times even with gyne.  Good luck with everything.  You are on a road to success just by being here on this forum. 

Thanks for the support, and sorry for the late reply.

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
  • Got that problem off my chest :) (pun intended)
I've had gyno ever since I was 11. At first it was just big nipples, but as I finished high school it got worse. Now, at 19, they look awful. I'm not fat, but my chest is very soft, and I can feel hard lumps under my nipples and the surrounding area. I tried going to the gym, hoping if I got bigger and my chest muscles grew, it would make the gyno look relatively better, but all that did was make it look worse in clothes. It really affects my social life, especially around girls, I don't even try anymore. I was hoping it would get better after I became an adult, but it's even been getting worse this year. I can't really tell my parents because they wouldn't understand, and would probably joke about it which would just make me feel worse.

I need to know where I can get surgery done in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I don't really have a lot of money, but I'll get a job and save for surgery. How much does this operation cost on average, and are there any reputable surgeons in Toronto that any of you know about?

Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance.

Dr. Fielding and Dr. Lista are both located in Toronto. As for their prices, not sure, I still have yet to find out what it's gunna cost me to get surgery.
R.I.P. Gyno 2004-2009 :) Good Riddance. Pics here: http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/Cole1992/

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Hey dude, welcome.

If you click on my user name and view all posts, I posted a while ago, detailed directions to both Dr. Fieldings office, and the hospital, by public transit. Hope tha thelps, and feel free to ask anything else.

Offline nomoregyno9

Hey Lars,
you're actually in luck.  I just had my procedure done and it is infact covered by OHIP.  The excision of the gyno gland is what is fully covered as well as post-op home nurse care. However,  if you require lipo that is extra and prices for lipo vary (around $2000).  If you have any questions please feel free to email me and i'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible. best of luck!

Offline Lars09

• Posting Member
Manwithnoname, thanks for the help, I found the thread and will read it now.

And thank you for the supprt nomoregyno9. I guess with the price I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing doctor fielding.

And sorry for the late replies, I'm in the middle of exams :-\, my last one is tomorrow.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024