Author Topic: stretch marks?  (Read 8290 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
my body is covered in stretch marks... my stomach area... my sides, up to my armpit, and even a few on my back. I have had this problem since i was 13-14 years old. I am now 22.

I was overweight back then, but have since lost a lot of weight, and am now down to a healthy 180 lbs (6 feet tall). I excercise regularly, and do weight training.

The stretch marks remain however. I also have a case of fatty-gyno, which I intend to have removed. However I really still wouldnt be able to take my shirt off in public with all these damn stretch marks.

Is there any way to get rid of these things?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
If your main concern is getting rid of stretch marks, you probably want to find a dermatologist.
etc.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
it isnt my main concern... the gyno is a bigger problem... but it is something i would like fixed too

Offline rcbrown23

There are creams and lotions out there are actually do a pretty good job, it just takes time. A friend of mine was in your shoes and after about 6 months of using "cocoa butter with vitamin E", the stretch marks are almost invisible.

He wouldn't go out with his shirt off before, and now he's out on the boat every weekend. You could still see them if someone was looking closely, but it's barely noticeable and apparently he doesn't have a problem with it anymore.

-Brown

Offline throwback111

• Posting Member
i had lots of stretch marks from growing and they faded away in 1-3 years depending on how big they were

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Sorry, can't help you with your question. Have never researched the removal of stretch marks. Was always under the impression that once you get SM's, you're stuck wid'em.

My weight has fluctuated all my life. The most I ever weighed was 240 lbs. I too have stretch marks :-/ from being obese. However, for some reason I am not self-conscious about them. Now that the Gyne is gone, removing my shirt in public is not a problem.

John.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 04:52:30 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
i have had them for more than 10 years, so i doubt they will fade now...

on a more positive note, last night i went out and bought a bottle of palmers cocoa butter with vitamin E, and rubbed it all over my body

this morning i looked at myself in the mirror and i can definitely see a very noticeable difference! perhaps if i keep this up...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

i have had them for more than 10 years, so i doubt they will fade now...

on a more positive note, last night i went out and bought a bottle of palmers cocoa butter with vitamin E, and rubbed it all over my body

this morning i looked at myself in the mirror and i can definitely see a very noticeable difference! perhaps if i keep this up...

Dude.... No sheite? Your SM's faded that much 'overnight'? I'm gonna have to git me some of this Cocoa Butter w/Vitamin E stuff. If it's that easy....  ;)

John.

Offline rcbrown23

I'm telling ya...My friend had really bad stretch marks all over his stomach and around to his back. They'd been there for years. After 6 months of cocoa butter, there are barely noticeable, even if your looking for them.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The greatest cure for stretch marks is anything that will take your mind off of them for a long time.  

It matters little what you do or don't do, they will fade with time.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The greatest cure for stretch marks is anything that will take your mind off of them for a long time.  

It matters little what you do or don't do, they will fade with time.

Grandpa Dan....

Sorry to say. but I've had my SM's for many years and they have not faded one bit.  :-/

Grandpa Bambu....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 05:32:15 PM by Bambu »

Offline Neutron

• Posting Member
yea i had stretch marks to but all i did was beef myself up. like eat alot of protein do the weights and it wont turn to fat. itll be all mass :).

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
You could try Palmers stretch mark cream. Its made for pregnant woman to put on their stomachs. Its got cocoa butter and vit.e
good luck

Offline Ax87

• Bronze Member
  • gyno sucks
i have alot of strech marks too but they dont really bother me too much, not nearly as much as this GYNO!

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
i have alot of strech marks too but they dont really bother me too much, not nearly as much as this GYNO!

I agree Ax87...

However now that I am gyne-free, the stretch-marks are my main concern.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024