Author Topic: NHS LIPO? WILL THIS DO IT?  (Read 2850 times)

Offline megocorp

• Posting Member
Hi,
the closer i seem to get to my op, 11th july the more and more i need clarification on thinks that i think i remember from my consultation.
Now i could possibly ring up the surgeon and ask him but feel as though i would not get very far, why? i just have a feeling, it is the NHS.
Anyway all i remember him saying was i will do lipo on the chest area, now i cannot remember him saying he will cut out gland etc, he may well have do. Is it common to just have lipo? or is it considered a quick fix?
Do you know what i mean, am i getting a quick, albeit free fix with just lipo, i can feel the lumps under my norks.
I'm now 31 and had just about enough of this gyney sh*te.
::)

Offline serg

• Silver Member
It depends what type of lipo he does. Some surgeons use a for of lipo which breaks up the gland and then sucks that out along with the fat. I think this is called tumescent lipo, but not 100% sure.

Conventional lipo is inadequete for treating gyne.

Offline One

• Posting Member
Hi all,

I'm new here.  I'm a long term sufferer too.  I was going to get it done on the NHS.  I have been messed about and I have wasted a year trying to get it done on the NHS.  I shouldn't have bothered. The NHS recommended doing lipo first then if the problem is still not corrected, then take out the breast tissue 6 months later, and this would leave a 5 cm scar extending from the nipple on both nipples.  As soon as the NHS 'Plastic Surgeon' mentioned this to me.  I knew he was talking shit and didn't not understand the condition.  The whole reason for me getting rid of gyne is so that I can take my top off in public etc, I wouldn't be able to do that with two colossal scars would I?  

The NHS is really crud.  You buy cheap you pay twice.  I'm going with a Reputable Private Plastic Surgeon like Mr Levick.  It's going to be £3.5k but worth it.

Megocorp, I think you need to clarify this with your NHS surgeon before proceding.

Offline ravello

I had 2 ops on the NHS  none of them were that great . but it was free so you can't complain If i could I would go to a pro ps. it may cost a bit but if the results are good it would be worth it. imagin guys being able to take your t-shirt off in the summer with out thinking every one looking at me, going on beach holidays, being able to buy things you like with out thinking dose my gyne show in this, i dont know about you but i would rather have that feeling more than that of buying a new car . me i'am saving to get it done by a pro,but dont turn it down you may be lucky they may of got better by now this was about 3 years ago and if you don't you will alway wonder. good luck and I hope you great results :D :D :D  

Offline megocorp

• Posting Member
Hi, only really heard of good things of the NHS but the last few post's have made me feel a little down, i dont think for a second it was the posters intention of making me feel like this but hey i'm touchy atm.
I will see what happens next week, i have a two and a half year old and another on the way, the prospect of 3k on an op is just mental.
Thanks for the replies.

Offline ravello

Sorry megocorp if that put a downer on your op, that was not my intention for a second and as I said you results may be different to mine it would be interesting to hear of your results :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline megocorp

• Posting Member
No mate that was the last impression i wanted to leave honestly, this board differs completely from most i know the advice is just solid and constructive.
I hope i caused no offence myself.
Regards

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
MEGO.....you have personal message...your email address didnt work.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024