Author Topic: Lost friends because of Gynecomastia?  (Read 2961 times)

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
How many people here have ended friendships because of gynecomastia? I ended half of my friendships from gynecomastia from continued taunting over the years. They couldn't stop the taunting and I guess they weren't really my friends. I don't have that many true friends. I have a mild/moderate case and the taunting never ended until about a year ago at the age of 16. My best of friends even taunted me about gynecomastia. I was embarresed and they made me feel like crap too many times. Have a lot of you guys also had the same experiences. It just keeps running through my mind everyday. I just can't let the past go it is inbedded in my head.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I hear you brother.  The toughest thing about having gyne is the tormenting and abuse you have to take from people.  It gets especially harder if they're your friends.  When I realised something wasn't right with my chest region, I just started covering it up wth layers of clothes and excuses (I don't feel like swimming today because my leg hurts, etc..).  

The few times my friends saw me with my shirt off, they did comment but it wasn't to the extent where they sat around and joked about it.  "Nice breasts," or "You have boobs." I would hear these comments and they or I would switch subjects.  They don't bring it up even when we're razzing each other which I thank God for.  

But it has been my "albatross" for the longest time.  I guess what I'm trying to say is you know who you're friends are at a time like this.  Keep in mind that they have to know how this affects you before you can really judge them because if they think it's not a big deal then they will treat it that way.  It's not a discussion that I personally can bring to someone's attention.  I just lucked out with the friends I have.  

Keep a stiff upper lip and just think to yourself that you didn't ask for this condiition.  Also keep in mind that you're not the only one suffering from it.  Remember, there is a solution.    

Gine2D

I just gave them a bite of a knuckle sandwich & they stopped when I was a teen.

No one mentions the boobs now & they are much larger.

G

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
"Don't let the world bring you down,
not everyone here is that fuc*ed up and cold.
Remember why you came and while you're alive,
exprience the warmth before you grow cold."

-Incubus
The Warmth

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
well when i was in middle school, and i was really fat (had pseudogyne...) then kids made fun of me and me.. in 8th grade i actually punched a guy in the face... i had lost a lot of weight, but thats when true gyne hit me..

the guy walked up to me and pantsed me in the hallway.. it was an empty hallway, but still.. pissed the hell out of me. so there was cussing.. and he said "i heard you got breasts.." and i punched his lights out.

in highschool i worked out, and gyne reduced.. was really popular in highschool too, so all was good. :) i have a really minor case i guess, because of all the muscle you can't really tell that i have gyne (with the shirt on of course).. i had puffy nipples though.. i always told people that i "hate swimming" and avoided all the pool, parties/beaches.

but i think the hardest times with gyne affecting friendships were in middle school, when people were really young, and insensetive..

Offline makesmesad

• Posting Member
How many people here have ended friendships because of gynecomastia? I ended half of my friendships from gynecomastia from continued taunting over the years. They couldn't stop the taunting and I guess they weren't really my friends. I don't have that many true friends. I have a mild/moderate case and the taunting never ended until about a year ago at the age of 16. My best of friends even taunted me about gynecomastia. I was embarresed and they made me feel like crap too many times. Have a lot of you guys also had the same experiences. It just keeps running through my mind everyday. I just can't let the past go it is inbedded in my head.

I hear you too. I started doing the layered clothing thing also, am just starting to change that now a week after surgery :)

I had a pretty moderate case, about 2-2.5" minimum stucking out..My one side is good atm and it looks sweet ;) but not my other due to some blood buildup or something..itll go down

I remember skipping gym classes in high school and almost failing simply because i was so self concious about my gyn..i would wear 2 layers in summer  ::) and embarassing crap..

I go to college in sept and its a fresh start so i wanted to rid myself of this embarassing curse! If it bothers you alot like it did me i suggest you go for it, but its your choice!!!

Offline ciocan

First hi to you all , this beeing my first post  :) and yeah it happens that you lose frinds , but those you lose beacause of this are not real friends. I mean I too at first got my share of "jokes" , but i also had good friends wich supported me and many times ,because of me they would leave the girlfriends home , or change habbits so that we coud do things .. mainly go swimming and stuff . i mean it's tough but at least those the few that you have are real friends. at least that's the way i see it .

Offline fl3a

• Posting Member
when i was younger and fatter i had a problem with being ridiculed, but now really... my friends dont tease me about it or bring it up. they dont even joke about it, i have good friends. my cousin knows about my condition (hes a med school student) and he knows about my surgery but he jokes about it light heartedly but never teases me to hurt me. if someone is making fun of you for gynecomastia or anything at all for that matter, they are not your friend.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I cannot say that I actually lost any friends over the issue of Gynecomastia.  

The condition provides a good measure that helps you cull out those who are not really your friends.  If I had to say something good about having gynecomastia, I guess that would be as good as I could come up with.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Never had many friends to loose....   :'(

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024