Author Topic: Question...  (Read 2938 times)

Offline ch

I am a stone overweight (or maybe slightly more) and I have large flabby breasts. I have recently lost about half a stone and the the breasts did decrease slightly especially from the area under the armpit. However the more weight I lose the more ridiculous my breasts look. Should I consider surgery or just continue losing weight.

Help appreciated

DrBermant

I am a stone overweight (or maybe slightly more) and I have large flabby breasts. I have recently lost about half a stone and the the breasts did decrease slightly especially from the area under the armpit. However the more weight I lose the more ridiculous my breasts look. Should I consider surgery or just continue losing weight.

Help appreciated

The breast of gynecomastia is typically a combination of gland, fat, and skin.  Losing Weight can make a big impact on the fat and sometimes the skin.  Gland is not reduced with weight loss.

As the skin envelope is no longer filled with fat, Drooping Breasts or Ptosis can happen.  Skin can tighten over time, often several months.  After Massive Weight Loss the skin sometimes just does not tighten enough.  Building muscle is one way of filling a loose skin evelope of the male chest.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Marq25

• Posting Member
Dr. B,

I am scheduled to have my gyne surgery in December.  I also scheduled to have SAL to my abdomen.  I am a little concerned that the SAL could damage one of my organs.  My suregons has wonderful credential but I am reading about they can damage an organ when suctioning the fat.  Should I be concerned about this?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
You know, so many guys say this.  "The more weight I loose, the worse it looks" and "The more I workout, the worse it looks."  

I could not be more different.  The more I exercise and loose weight, the better my gyne looks. :-/

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Dr. B,

I am scheduled to have my gyne surgery in December.  I also scheduled to have SAL to my abdomen.  I am a little concerned that the SAL could damage one of my organs.  My suregons has wonderful credential but I am reading about they can damage an organ when suctioning the fat.  Should I be concerned about this?

This is a great question and a valid concern.  I've heard horror stories about punctured organs.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
You know, so many guys say this.  "The more weight I loose, the worse it looks" and "The more I workout, the worse it looks."  

I could not be more different.  The more I exercise and loose weight, the better my gyne looks. :-/

Yep same here. Guess we are lucky ;D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

I trimmed myself down to 148 pounds (@ six feet) in 1990 in an attempt to get rid of the gyne. Needless to say, the results that I achieved were less than satisfactory :-/. The fatty tissue was reduced but the gland remained. Actually, I didn't look all that bad to be truthful. What I didn't like, was how a tucked in shirt would get pulled out because of a combination of my large rib cage and gyne gland. Once the shirt was pulled out, it went all baggy. Men's clothing on a guy with gyne just doesn't work!

John.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 07:42:20 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member

Same with me.  Losing weight definitely helped my case.  The bad part is that you realize surgery is the only way to completely get rid of your gyno.

Yeah it is a shame.  Bad thing for me is my gyne is only on one side so now one side now looks perfect ,I have the other  side that although much improved, I still have that darned puffy nip (although it is smaller now).At least now I can wear whatever clothes I want without a problem so it is more easy to deal with.
       This now makes the decision to have surgery even more difficullt I feel. If my moobs hadn't got so much better I would have defintely have the surgery. As I live in the uk and cannot afford to see a private ps , it is the nhs or nothing. And I really don't want to come out looking worse. :-/ I don;t know whether having gyno on just one side makes the op harder or what.My surgeon did not inspire me with confidence put it that way saying I may be not happy with her work if she did the op as there may be scars. hmm decisions , decisions.
       So losing weight  and exercising has meant I now have to have a long hard think.many people on this board have had excellent results ,but none of them were done by my surgeon ;D

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
Hey Worrier! You don't say what you've done to improve the situation and get partly rid of your gyno? We all are interested in this. Thanks

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey Worrier! You don't say what you've done to improve the situation and get partly rid of your gyno? We all are interested in this. Thanks

By the sounds of it.....  weight loss.   ;)

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024