Author Topic: Major Revision to PlasticSurgery4U Gynecomastia  (Read 7651 times)

DrBermant

I have just revised my entire Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction section.  There are new examples and more importantly a new navigation system.  The old format was stopping me from adding more detail, the navigation was getting just too confusing.

Here is one of the added patients, a variation of a Puffy Nipple Deformity where the gland extended well beyond the areola into the nipple itself.  Ducts always connect the gland to the skin.  However in this patient, you can see where the nipple was distorted by gland.

Please check out the cascading floating navigation on the right of each page and the internal moving elements.  The colors vary when you have seen a page and are highlighted showing where you are in the navigation structure.

Comments and thoughts appreciated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 12:18:57 AM by DrBermant »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Very nice improvement.  Much easier to find what you're looking for.  The new photos are helpful too.  Thanks for taking the time to help here.   :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:56:19 AM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

DrBermant

Link fixed.  Thank you.

Here is a typical page:

competition body builder.

here is a different format for the patient experiences.

I tried to use color to show what has been seen and where a current page is located in the very large gynecomastia section.  Again comments about the new methods for naviation would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:02:54 AM by DrBermant »

Offline flex1appeal

Honestly, that guy doesn't look to me like he has any gynecomastia problems. Just looks like he is excited. LOL.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Honestly, that guy doesn't look to me like he has any gynecomastia problems. Just looks like he is excited. LOL.

Dude, if that's the case it's on an EXTREME level.   ;D

Offline flex1appeal

To me, that guy has a serious case of titty hard on. Maybe if his mipples weren't so hard and erect I could tell better. But I just don't see the puffiness. Hard nipples don't equate to puffy IMO. Maybe it's just me and maybe I am blind as a bat and am missing something here???? Don't get me wrong, I would not want to have his nipples. They look like they belong on a female for sure.

DrBermant

The format revision continues, check out the new Gynecomastia Picture Galleries:

Gynecomastia Gallery - Pictures of Bodybuilders

Gynecomastia Gallery - Puffy Nipples

I need help on the look of the pages and navigation features before I continue converting and adding more details.  The galleries are in response to requests for some bigger pictures.  If you are having any difficulties with seeing the content or using the pages, what browser, operating system and computer?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 11:12:23 AM by DrBermant »

DrBermant

The format revision continues, check out the new Gynecomastia Picture Galleries:

I need help on the look of the pages and navigation features before I continue converting and adding more details.  The galleries are in response to requests for some bigger pictures.  If you are having any difficulties with seeing the content or using the pages, what browser, operating system and computer?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Here is another new section

Gynecomastia Gallery - Teenagers and Adolescent Males

Still need comments / thoughts about the new methods of navigation, ease of use.  My patients I am seeing in the office tell me they really like the new format but was looking for comments here.

Michael Bermant, MD
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:54:29 PM by DrBermant »

DrBermant

Bump for any comments about the new navigation system, please

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
Hey Dr, I noticed the bodybuilder after surgery looks great when his chest is flexed.  I am an avid weight lifter and had a thick chest.  I am 4 weeks post op and my chest looks fine when not flexing, but when flexed the nipples cave in to where you can hardly see them.  Will this change?

DrBermant

Hey Dr, I noticed the bodybuilder after surgery looks great when his chest is flexed.  I am an avid weight lifter and had a thick chest.  I am 4 weeks post op and my chest looks fine when not flexing, but when flexed the nipples cave in to where you can hardly see them.  Will this change?

Good surgery should look good both at rest and in motion.  4 weeks after surgery is very early with some techniques.

Posting standardized male chest photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evalute both what was wrong and what surgery did.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique which typically has so little bruising and swelling, that taking the vest / shirt compression garment off and showing how the chest looks the day after surgery in a mirror is part of the emotional healing process I bring my patients through.  Seeing the changes even the day after surgery can help.  However, the tissues need time to heal and Compression Garments help with many factors.  Going without anything on can interfere with healing.

Tissues do change over time.  Some small crater deformities will fill in, to a degree.  For other large crater deformities after gynecomastia surgery, the deformity is just too great. Here is another deformity complication after another doctor's agressive liposuction

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant,

I think you have the most comprehensive website on gynecomastia surgery that I've seen.  The only way to improve it, that I can see, is to get more close up shots on the nipple scarring after surgery.  Grandpa Bambu has some great very close up shots as a reference for you.  Also, the ability to click on a picture and make it larger would also be good.  I'm just being picky though.  All and all, I think you've got a great website.  As for the navigation, it's very tricky to get a website with as much content as yours to flow extremely smoothly.  I'd say the navigation part is fine.  Anyone who is genuinely interested in getting surgery would take the time to navigate through it.  I think you've done just fine with it considering the size of the content.  Just my 2 cents worth. 

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant,

I think you have the most comprehensive website on gynecomastia surgery that I've seen.  The only way to improve it, that I can see, is to get more close up shots on the nipple scarring after surgery.  Grandpa Bambu has some great very close up shots as a reference for you.  Also, the ability to click on a picture and make it larger would also be good.  I'm just being picky though.  All and all, I think you've got a great website.  As for the navigation, it's very tricky to get a website with as much content as yours to flow extremely smoothly.  I'd say the navigation part is fine.  Anyone who is genuinely interested in getting surgery would take the time to navigate through it.  I think you've done just fine with it considering the size of the content.  Just my 2 cents worth. 
Thank you for your kind words.  The new

Gynecomastia Gallery - Teenagers and Adolescent Males

give me a place to put large views up.  Here are 3 more sections just refinished with large size views before / after surgery:

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part I

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part II

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery - part III

Is this what you were talking about?

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

The new nav system is very easy to use and looks awesome...

I really like how pic enlargement is animated. Very cool dude!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

The new nav system is very easy to use and looks awesome...

I really like how pic enlargement is animated. Very cool dude!

GB

Thank you for your comments.  Any others with thoughts about the new navigation system?

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024