Author Topic: Dr. Fielding?  (Read 5211 times)

Offline Sunshine_54

Hey, this is my first post.

I'm a 23 year old male living in Toronto.  I'm 6 feet tall and 175lbs.  I've had a mild case of gyno as long as I can remember which sucks because I'm so skinny that my ribs stick out of my stomach.

I heard that gyno surgery costs approximately $5000 canadian, and I was going to wait until I graduated from college and got a job since I still have a full year of school left and need to make money this summer.

However is it true that Dr. Fielding charges only 1000-2000 dollars?  I'm just curious why his costs would be substantially lower than other doctors? i.e. Frank Lista.

Also, how do I go about contacting him?  Where is he located?  And what is the general feeling of him as a surgeon?

Thanks

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Hey there,

I also live in Toronto and I was thinking of getting my opertation done with Lista. However, after talking to Bambu, he's a member on this site who got his done with Fielding, I'm almost decided to get it done with Fielding also.

Yes it is true that with Fielding you wont pay more than 2,000$. Bambu told me the highest price he saw for Fielding was about 1,600$.

The reason why the price is so much lower than Lista is because if you get it done with Lista it is performed at his private clinic, and OHIP does not cover anything done privately. However, with Fielding, the procedure is performed at St. Joseph's Health Centre, which is a public hospital. OHIP provides coverage for this since its not a private clinic.

Here is his contact info:

J. Craig Fielding,  M.D.,  F.R.C.S. (C)

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

2425 Bloor Street West

Suite 401

Toronto , Ontario

M6S 4W4

Tel : 416.766.8890

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm 6 feet tall and 175lbs.

I'm 6 feet also. Dr. Fielding told me that most of his Gyne patients are 6 feet and over. I'd like to know what the connection is between height and Gyne. I did a poll a while ago here on how tall everyone is. Most were 6'+.....

MRD, how tall are you?

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Bambu:

I am alomst 6ft. (2 inch less). But I think it may be heridity. B'cuz I see same thing with my dad, my grandfather as well. What you think?
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I think it may be heridity.

Oh for sure, heredity plays a big part in Gynecomastia. Quite a few members have said that other family members have Gyne. My Grandfather on my Mom's side had it.

John.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey Bambu,

My brother and I have it, but our dad doesn't and I am not sure if anyone esle in our family had it.  Interestingly, our dad is 5'10, but we are 6'3 and 6'4 respectively.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I am only about 5"9 and 1/2.   My dad used to be very fit and had pecs but now hes older and he has a rather moderate case of gyne....which i don't say anything about to him. And his height is about 5"10
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:50:51 AM by MRD »

Offline usb905

• Posting Member
6'1" and a patient of Dr. Fielding.

I believe my grandfather had it, but I'm not entirely sure.  I've also wondered about the connection between height and gyne.  I'm tall, skinny and *had* gyne  ;D

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Hey Bambu,

My brother and I have it, but our dad doesn't and I am not sure if anyone esle in our family had it.  Interestingly, our dad is 5'10, but we are 6'3 and 6'4 respectively.

im curious but did your dad party or drink a bit when he was younger?

Alcohol consumption can cause gyne and it would be interesting to see if one generation of males for example drank alot of alcohol and then passed the gyne condition onto their kids and it passes in this method.

I read somewhere here that alcohol can cause the liver to mess up which can enduce hormonal changes resulting in gyne.

Just a theory also i mean no offence and am not ininuating your dad is an alcoholic just curious.

My cousin doesnt have gyne, and his dad doesnt either but my dad was quite the drinker back when i was young and before i was born and i did have gyne (post surjury now :D)

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey Brownman,

I don't think alcohol consumption has anything to do with it.  It may be a factor with some (more rare) types of gyne that have to do with abusing your liver.  This type of gyne would not have a genetic link, it would be confined to those who adrank too much - not their kids!

However, I think most of us developed gyne at puberty when your body goes through hormonal changes.  I have heard that in most cases hormone levels are normal at that time, but for some unexplained reason, the body reponds incorrectly and develops more gladular tissue than normal (like it would in a female).   All males do have some gland tissue, from what I understand, but with gyne sufferers, we developed more than normal (to varying degrees).   Also, it has been explained to me that this is likely a genetic condition.  Personally, I know this to be true as my brother has it.  My dad does not or any of my uncles, etc... but I bet there is somebody in our family tree that does.  I didn't know my grandfathers, but I would bet one had it.

From what I have seen, especially with the poll Bambu took before, I think there is also a link to height.  It seems that a high % of gyne sufferers are tall.

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
I'm 5'10-11 with a case since I was 15 or 16 (now 21). I recall most of puberty going normally except for my big growth spirt which happened late, likely when I was 16 or 17. I'm not sure about height itself, but maybe the time of a growth spirt has something to do with it? Hormones raging and all...hmm
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I recall most of puberty going normally except for my big growth spirt which happened late, likely when I was 16 or 17. I'm not sure about height itself, but maybe the time of a growth spirt has something to do with it? Hormones raging and all...hmm

Tim...

Yeah, I had a late sudden growth spirt also. I too thought that my late growth spirt had something to do with my gyne so I started a poll as to how many guys were late bloomers (so to speak). Quite a few were! And.... most of them grew to approx 6 feet tall.... Interesting huh?

John.

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
I am also 6' plus and my father was a heavy drinker prior to my birth

I am most definately gonna fo with Fielding for the price and OHIP, i was just wondering how long it takes to recover and what limitations i'll face

i am a painter, would i have to take time off work?  how long before you can get back in serious aerobic activities?

... i cant believe we have an entire site dedicated to us, but thank god

i dont even have that bad of a case, it doesnt bother me, but my ego cant handle others discriminating oppinions, it sucks

thanks
source of revelation, inspiration, nutrition, relaxation, entertainment, and healing

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
I believe Fielding suggests three weeks before any strenuous activity with the upper body. Painting may be an issue for at least a couple weeks, I would imagine.

It's definitely an incredibly useful site.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I was just wondering how long it takes to recover and what limitations i'll face.

That really depends on how much work JCF has to do to you. How severe is your gyne? I had a moderate case of gyne and I did't start to feel 'really good' until about the 3 month mark.

i am a painter, would i have to take time off work?

1-2 weeks R&R. But then again, that all depends on how much work Dr. Fielding has to do to you.

how long before you can get back in serious aerobic activities?

As THC mentioned above, 3 weeks is the norm.

i cant believe we have an entire site dedicated to us, but thank god

No.... thank Merle!

i dont even have that bad of a case, it doesnt bother me, but my ego cant handle others discriminating oppinions, it sucks

Yeah, I would think that the actual gyne doesn't bother most sufferers. Mine didn't bother me for the most part. It's just that horrible feeling you get when someone makes a nasty remark or looks at you (you know the look I speak of.... the 'WTF is that?' look....   :-/ ) as if you were some sort of freak is what is the toughest to deal with.

John.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 10:09:32 AM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024