Author Topic: My diary...  (Read 18369 times)

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04

There not... just never got round to it! You will have to take my word for it! lol

Ian

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
Update.

1 YEAR POST OP!

Yes, it was March the 17th last year. So I thought I should make a diary entry today.

Obviously nothing new to report. I imagine I have stopped healing now. Everything seems to be in place etc! I have some scar tissue left, not much and not really a problem. To be honest I was very lazy with the massage so maybe thats why. I suspect its going on its own accord slowly anyway.

As I have said before... nothing involving walking around with my top off is a problem anymore. Swimming, beach, around friends, strangers... Just no problem. I think more of the stomach than I do the chest now.

Nipple sensation is still coming back as well... I would say maybe 75% of orriginal feeling is back. This seems to be about the last thing to happen... and happens a long time after everything else.

Not much else I can say really. If your umming and arring over whether to do it. Then I can just say that for me it was so so worth it. It just allows you to do so much stuff without worrying about it. Like I now do aquthons... (A race including a 500m swim and a 5km run) I couldn't of done that with the gyne as spectators watch you do the swim. Also I'm off to South Africa in the summer... I suspect this will involve beaches etc with my mates... Which now doesn't hold fear for me or anything.... These are big things but theres so many other small things that happen every day that makes it worth it. Do it!

Ian

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Looks like the results from your surgery have been fantastic. Your chest looks 100% perfectly normal. Congratulations once again.

serg

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Ian

Thanks for the diary - inspirational. You've "paid some forward", no worries!

One question though. Early in your diary you mentioned that you had a sticky nipple. Unless I skipped it I don't think you referred to it again. Did it sort itself out?
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline IT100

• Gold Member

Just checked in the mirror! Yeah it has! lol I was looking at myself the other day in the mirror actually. (Something I feel less and less compelled to do!) And was thinking then that even the bits that I once considered less than perfect were sorting themselves out. I really think that given enough time. Things truly will be perfect. Thats not to say its not 99% there anyway. I have just signed up to do the London Triathlon on the 6th of August. Which will mean swimming cycling and running around london in front of thousands of spectators, wearing lycra basically! Couldn't of done that preop!

Also another thought that I meant to post about. I was reading Paula Radcliffe's auto biography the other day. She was talking about deep penetrative massage to get rid of scar tissue around her knee that develops from injuries sustained from doing as much training as she has to do. So brutal was this massage that she would quite often be in tears! Maybe the quick rub that I'm sure most of us give our scar tissue in the shower etc isn't doing the job! Maybe its even worth paying a pro to do it... I mean you have spent £3000 to £4000 on surgery... why not a few hundred extra to get the job perfect.... just a thought.

Ian

Offline oscar

• Posting Member
nice one ian its quality to see yet another satisfied levick patient. I amn yet another person who read all your diaries and that really helped me in my choice of what to do, so I would like to personally (well as personal as a website can be I suppose!) thank you for your honest account of events.

I am another levick outpatient who has some remaining scar tissue (i think) behind one nipple which makes it protrude like before the op....  it doesnt feel like scar tissue but Paul said it definitely is. this is 6 months post op. Did you have anything like this or have you heard of it? it seems a lot of people get this relativey sooon after the op (relatively meaning under 8 months i suppose) so i am hoping it should go? with all the massage etc....

thanks mate, and thanks again, your advice muchos appreciated

Osc

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
Hey guys!

Just digged the link for this out for another post and thought I would post another update!

It's more for others inspiration really...

Life's moved on now. Although I still visit this board and post occasionly to answer others questions it's not something that I think about in every day life.

Life is good at the moment. I have been seeing a new girlfriend for about 4 months now. She's gorgeous, clever, (masters degree) french, (great accent!) size 6-8, (Her body is soooo good!) Articulate, funny... basically my dream woman! I have to pinch myself on a daily basis as she's so out of my league!

Anyway!

I was thinking the other day whilst shaving. Would I of ever got the courage up to ask her out it I still had gyne?
I was pretty ashamed of my body back then, and it definately held me back when it came to getting naked with girls! Or even asking them out in the first place! Now, I don't even think about it! I wonder if we would have of ever got together if I still had those reservations. It once again made me appreciate what getting surgery has done for me and how it has taken down barriers that I put up for myself. I would of paid the surgery fee for this one benefit alone... and there are so many others!

Healing wise... I must be done! My girlfriend knows that I had surgery, as I told her once... But she has never mentioned it, never mentioned the scars or anything. Because there's not much to mention really. I could just think she's being polite... But she's not like that... She's brutally honest in a great french way! And know she would tell me if it looked odd! (She mentiones all of the other odd stuff about my body!

So... whats stopping you?!

Ian

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024