Author Topic: Dr Lebowitz(Long Island NY), his latest video says surgery price is 12K USD  (Read 23040 times)

Offline Msp6767

• Posting Member
Quote from: Dr. Pope, M.D. link=topic=32912.msg209962#msg209962 date=1512916953
One more thing:
If a surgeon boasts that he can perform an operation under local anesthesia and he actually puts down general anesthesia, there is a good chance that he does not have local hospital privileges to perform that operation. And because of that, anesthesiologists would not work with him.  I have seen that in my community.
<a class="underlinelink" href="https://www.gynecomastia.org/doctors/georgepope/profile">Dr. Pope[/url], MD

Thanks for your input Dr.

Why would a hospital deny a doctor privileges? Is that an indication that the doctor is not up to par?

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Very weird thread, its a free market he can charge what he wants and "best" is always subjective so he has every right to say it if he wants. 
Other surgeons could learn a thing or two about marketing from this guy instead of being salty in here. 

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Yeah, marketing strategies like blocking our youtube comments from his channel, not ofensive comments, i just wrote down my opinions on 3 of his vids. And i think he does this a lot, on my Android tablet i see that some of his videos has 2(or whatever the number) comments, i scroll down to read them but i dont see any, or probably this is because im blocked!? Anyway i can see his videos.

And yeah, he can charge whatever he want but then why say that we the pacients can save a lot of money because is no need to pay extra for an anaesthologist for a general anaesthesia yet i think he is more expensive than any surgeon from US.

Nonini, if you like to be taken as a fool, please be my guest and defend him.

Offline Msp6767

• Posting Member
Very weird thread, its a free market he can charge what he wants and "best" is always subjective so he has every right to say it if he wants.
Other surgeons could learn a thing or two about marketing from this guy instead of being salty in here.

No one on here is knocking dr. Lebowitz. Most people posting have legitimate questions regarding his prices and his claims. While you are right that it is a free market, when a doctor makes a claim to be the best at something, most people are going to want to see evidence about why he is the best. This isn’t a guy selling pizzas. He’s performing invasive surgery that leaves permanent results. He should be able to posit evidence as to why he is the best. Also, he is a doctor and is subject to professional ethics. I am an attorney and I am prohibited by my rules of professional conduct from making public claims that I am the best. I imagine there has to be similar rules in place for doctors.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:49:28 AM by Msp6767 »

TheSadZebra

His prices have just rose to 15,000 US Dollars. Ridiculous.  

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Huh, 15K? Why he rose his prices more? In a year from now you'll need to sell your home to get surgery with him. Poor us gyno souls!

Offline Msp6767

• Posting Member
His prices have just rose to 15,000 US Dollars. Ridiculous. 

You’re kidding!? Is there a video about this price increase? How’d you find out it’s now 15k?

As an aside, I am pretty sure he is reading the comments on this site. A lot of his video try to address many of the questions and issue we all have pointed out here. Still think it would be great if he would participate in here.

Offline Msp6767

• Posting Member
Just wanted to jump back on this thread. In one of his latest videos, he says something about not asking him about his prices. He must be getting a lot of push back (on here and other places I assume). He is definitely reading forums. Still can’t believe he’s charging 15k. Nothing against the guy but come on. 

Offline Na0001

Just wanted to jump back on this thread. In one of his latest videos, he says something about not asking him about his prices. He must be getting a lot of push back (on here and other places I assume). He is definitely reading forums. Still can’t believe he’s charging 15k. Nothing against the guy but come on.

Yeah he quoted me that. Suddenly my no big deal procedure was a big deal and lot of work. He is amazing charisma, which a lot of insanly rude fat shaming surgeons should learn from (one ranted outside the door about me needing to lose weight before walking in and fake smiling, trying dude.) 

But yeah. I addressed that his video said like 10k and he replied that he made lots of videos. In the end he was very NYC hussle and a lot of talk. In the end it was the lack of board certifications and striagh up lies about recover time that removed him from the running.

That said the price depends. I just got quoted a price for 16k from someone associated with this site and it's hard to argue when you see that the hospital takes 5k of it and its a 4-5 hour surgery. A lot depends on the area. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024