Author Topic: Going for surgery in 8 days!  (Read 1734 times)

Offline vc2928

• Posting Member
Hi guys, im going under the knife soon and am really excited!

There is one thing that i have on my mind - my ps sent me a list of pre op instructions that also says that i must report to them any signs if cold, cough or boils!

I didnt even know what a boil is, but google it and its a fairly common thing! I cant post external links here so please google it?

Now i have a skin irritation on the inside of my nose and it feels like an abcess but im not sure, im not asking u guys for a diagonosis but do you guys think its a big deal and i should report it? Also ive had a bit of a runny nose for a couple of days but no flu symptoms, it always happens to me when the season changes! Again is it a big deal? Im so excited and now also scared that they might cancel the op if i talk to them!

I am also asked to not ear onion, garlic and ginger; was any of u guys asked the same?

Offline rhyno18

• Bronze Member
My doctor said his main concern was they didn't want me to go into surgery if my immmune system was down, so that's why he wanted me to contact him if i got sick that week.   I'd just run it by your doctor and see.   He made it sound like worst case scenario they would just postpone it until I was better.

Offline work in progress

• Posting Member
Hi VC2928.

Dr. J provided me with a list of vitamins, supplements and medications to avoid in the week or two immediately preceding surgery. What I noticed that most of the list had in common was the property of being a blood thinner. (Which would of course increase the bleeding risks during surgery.)

Included was aspirin, ginseng, omega fish oil, ibuprofen (Advil), garlic pills, and much more. Even multi-vitamins were listed. I guess because they're a cocktail of ingredients that could include thinners.

While I don't recall a specific mention of 'boils', he did mention that any fresh acne breakouts near the planned incision sites could be a issue.

Best of luck on the 25th!

-Dan

Offline vc2928

• Posting Member
Hey guys, thanks a lot for your replies, its much appreciates! I went to see my gp and also talked my ps' assistant, all questions answered and it looks like they just avoid stuff that causes blood to be thinner and also dont want you to have a flu because your inmune system will need to be focused on recovering from the surgery!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024