Author Topic: What worked for me  (Read 3201 times)

Offline bucsfan117

For the past several years, I have periodically found myself going to sites and threads like these in order to rid myself of what I self diagnosed as gynecomastia. I'll begin by describing a little about myself. I am 21 years old, I am roughly 5' 9'', 155 lb, and I would say I am in pretty descent shape. I have always been the athletic type, so for me putting on weight was never really an issue. But like everyone else, if I don't exercise I can put on the pounds just like everyone else. (I found that out during my freshmen year in college) I guess it was in the 6th or 7th grade when I first noticed the enlargement under my nipples, so I guess I was 12 or 13. It was painful and I could definently tell something was a little different. And I can recall my Dad mentioning he had the same thing and it just goes away. So years would go by, and nothing seemed to change. I started wearing under shirts to hide my embarrassment. By the 9th grade, I was tired of being embarrassed so I want to try and figure out what was happening. So after a little research, I can to find I had gynecomastia. In its description, it says how it occurs in about a third of all boys going through puberty so I really wasn't to worried, but it also said how it should disappear in six months to 3 years. So I had been thinking to myself, why hadn't this gone away? I played soccer and sports my entire life and I just couldn't figure it out. I figured it would eventually recede and it somehow just took longer for me. Just to let you know, my condition was pretty much large nipples that protruded about an inch. I had gone on websites like this and heard stories and experiences much worse than mine, so I didn't feel as bad but it was still so incredibly embarrasing. Not people would make fun of me, but I was just extremely self-conscious. Anyways, years went by and nothing really changed. I did research and heard of things such as those "special creams" or taking anti estrogen drugs or whatever those were. But after reading stories that claimed these were all fake, I wanted to find some other way. Also, by this point I was a senior in high school, and I was still playing soccer and probably in the best shape of my life, except for my chest. Nothing really seemed to help make it dissapear. At one point I almost asked my parents for surgery because I was so sick of it. I tried other ways like lifting weights. I had learned that doing high weight and low reps would build muscle and just protrude the nipples even more, so I decided on doing alot of reps at low weights thinking that I could "rip" it off. Thinking back it might have been a good idea, but in my experience it wasn't that effective.

I thought that maybe if I did alot of cardio, I might eventually be able to make my chest smaller. I had research concentrated fat burning, the idea that you can burn fat from specific areas of your body doing certain exercises. however I found that in most cases this is impossible, and you cannot control where you lose fate. Up to this past spring, I thought I had tried everything. I had even dieted at several points, even though I was already fairly lean and trim, and throughout my life I have always eaten pretty healthy. So I began what I called a dedicated diet, sounds pretty lame I know. In this diet, I cut sugar and fats , saturated especially down to meager levels. I would normally eat about 10 to 15 % to the daily recommended dosages. I didn't consume high amounts of sugar and I stayed away completed from fast food. Normally I would eat rice, tortillas( made from rice ,cheese, salsa) low fat yogurt, fruit, salad, and the occassional bowl of cereal. Along with that I would exercise 2 to 4 times a week, playing basketball or soccer.  Occasionally I would splurge on ice cream, but I tried to keep that to a minimal. I followed this routine for about 3 months and to this day I am gynecomastia free. Although I am not sure if it will return, if I go back to eating fat ridden foods, I just wanted to let people know there are other options besides surgery. It just took alot of dedication because for awhile I didn't see a whole lot of results.  It worked for me but everybody's different. Trust me it sucked going to the beach not feeling comfortable, as I am sure lots of you know. That is my story. If you have any questions email me.

bucsfan117@yahoo.com

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
You probably just had the hormonial inbalance thing

Where your gyne goes away through the end of puberty//

MY doctor told me that mine would go away just as my puberty ends... But idk, when did you lose your gyne?? are your nipple 100% normal now???

I can't wait anymore, I got one more year of highschool and I wanted to get rid of my gyne before college starts...

Offline anon643

• Posting Member
How much did you weigh when you started?

Offline nick1234

• Posting Member
weight when you started?

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
any pic for u before and after ??

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
He included a jump line to his personal Email.

That makes me wonder what he is trying to sell.

But, I am not sufficiently currious to waste my time contacting him to find out.

This sounds like a lead-in for a scam.
Grandpa Dan

Offline bucsfan117

So after nearly 5 years since being on this website and my last/only post, I decided to check on what I had exactly written and how people responded. I did find particular enjoyment to your "guy wants to sell something" comment. Unfortunately for you, I was just another kid with an embarrassing problem.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sorry for my harsh wording, but the site has been the victim of several problems in the past. The poster would usually be a new member just recently signed in and they would post glowing testimonials of what cured them.

The truth is that Gynecomastia is not a disease and hence there will never be a cure. On the other hand, A large number of boys who have the condition in early puberty do have complete resolution of it by the end of puberty. You may have been one of those fortunate boys. Congratulations on your good fortune.

Offline dunhill

The OP said that gyne appeared when 12 and gone by 21 - i never heard of a 8-9 years gynecomastia resolving by itself.. Can you post more about your diet?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024