Author Topic: Numbness  (Read 2163 times)

Offline rocky68

• Posting Member
Two weeks post op. Had drains and elastic wrap for 5 days, Dr. said no compression was required after removal. When wrap was removed had swelling above and was flat under it. Now swelling has filled in down to nipples and about 3' diameter area around my nipple is numb like novacaine. Occasionally burning sensation. Is this normal?

Offline kaka

• Posting Member
 That's NORMAL...I saw my Dr today and he told me that i can stop wearing the vest too. i think I'm still going to wear it at night for another 3wks.  It will be a month post op on the 23 of April and my nipple are still numb. Dr said it will take monthssssss!!  to get back 90% sensation in your nipple area.I am still swollen as well but I'm sure it will go down. right now I'm just focusing on getting back in shape and not really Waring about the healing process.

GOOD luck to us.  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:36:50 AM by kaka »

Offline rocky68

• Posting Member
Thanks, Kaka. Swelling seems to be going lessening but numbness continues. It's really a strange feeling!
Today was my first day back at the gym - did my cardio, some biceps, then tried lat pull - oops! It will be a couple more weeks I guess for any upper body work.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Numbness in all areas of surgery, including the skin and the nipples, is a normal side effect of gyne surgery.  In most cases, it will take months for it to return to normal (or very close to normal) -- and it is so slow that many men do not realize that it has indeed returned until they specifically feel for it one day.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024