Author Topic: Really worried... post op puffy nipple... wasn't there 3 days post op  (Read 8560 times)

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
Hey,

So my surgery was done on Nov 25. Removal of fat and gland via ultrasonic liposuction by a very skilled surgeon. 3 days later, I got the bandages off and the compression vest came off for the first time and I got to see the results. PERFECT!

I then had to wear the compression thing for another 7 days solid except when showering and now only at night.

My nipples seem to be puffy again. It looks like I have a somewhat mild case of gyne and my nipples are about the same size they were. This wasn't the case 3 days post op.

Could this be swelling? Could I have screwed something up by not taking it easy enough post op?

Thanks in advance

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
yeah a little too early. Who was your surgeon? What state was the procedure in?
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
Does it also usually get better after it gets worse, ETF?

And anyone: Could I have permanantly messed up my results by moving around to much or exerting too much with my arms?

Still kind of stressed about this so thanks in advance everyone

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
It's definitely the scar tissue that's beginning to develop in addition to some swelling you have a couple days after surgery.  You didn't mess anything up.  It's probably going to get worse over the next few weeks/months. 

Offline MSJ108

It's definitely the scar tissue that's beginning to develop in addition to some swelling you have a couple days after surgery.  You didn't mess anything up.  It's probably going to get worse over the next few weeks/months. 

EXACTLY!!! I am 7 months post op and still have some scar tissue. Takes time....

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
But it should get roughly back to how it was 3 days post op? If this is a realistic hope, someone please let me know so I can rest easy :)

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
As long as you have had the glandular tissue removed you will be fine. The gyne will not come back so soon. Although you can do some damage by exerting yourself too much, it usually causes swelling/bruising, but just take it easy it does go away, just don't exert yourself too much, because it can affect the scar tissue formation.

What you are most likely experiencing is the scar tissue forming and pushing them back up, we all get it and it's just a matter of time that it will go away. Just keep that vest on, and if it irritates, wash it with sensitive skin washing powder, I found that helped a whole lot.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:42:54 PM by cecly »

Offline MSJ108

But it should get roughly back to how it was 3 days post op? If this is a realistic hope, someone please let me know so I can rest easy :)

yup as the scar tissue dissipates, the puffiness goes away. Hang in there dude.

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
... Just keep that vest on...

Yesterday marked the day where he said I don't have to wear it anymore. I had surgery on a Tues, then saw it on a Fri. Had to wear it any time I wasn't showering for 1 week and then at night for 1 more. He said I can do whatever I want (exercise and whatnot) in one more week, so I hope this doesn't indicate I'm supposed to be done healing or close to final results.

I'm wondering if maybe it was this way 3 days  post op and I saw it as being better simply because I had my moobs the last time I saw it and now I'm holding it to "normal" standards rather than "how it was" standards or something. Gah, mindgames lol.

I'll hang in there, though. I have my 1 month followup on the 29th and it can't come soon enough.

Thanks for all the help and input

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
Wait so now you don't think it will go away? What else would be under there for you? Swelling?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 04:46:06 AM by soonplz »

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
How do you know it's not swelling efthunter? Doesn't it take 6 months to see final results?

Offline MSJ108

Dude I feel the same way.  I sometimes think its my imagination but its not.  My fn boobs r back.  Not as bad but there back.   I remember day 2 being able to look at my chest at every possible angle it was perfectly flat.  Now, there 50% back sometimes I feel like pre-op constantly doing cardio hoping the next day it will be flat again.  Everyones answer is scar tissue but scar tissue is hard lumps.  I dont know bout yours but mine is just soft boobs again.  Its like I was teased thinking in a few weeks I cant wait to take my shirt off now its a constant worry. 

You have to wait it out man. I thought my chest was destroyed after surgery. It slowly progressed though and my chest looks pretty good right now. I still have some scar tissue and I am 7 months post op.

Offline soonplz

• Posting Member
I can't say much given that I'm only a board-dweller online looking at digital photos of you, but I would be very happy to have your chest. If I saw you at the pool or something, based on those two pictures, I wouldn't think you look out of the ordinary at all, man. Not lying here, I'd be glad to have your chest.

This may be a stupid suggestion (and it's something I've considered about myself), but have you considered the possibility that:
   Right after surgery, your chest looked much flatter to you because you were used to your gyno being there, and the more you are getting used to your new contour, the less flat it seems just  because it isn't the big dramatic first time? I think a lot of us could be left with body image problems from our years of suffering and maybe those linger a bit after surgery.

Just a possibility to throw out. I really do think (based on those two pictures) that your chest looks good and natural.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
My chest never looked bad post-op.  Had no bruising.  At my one month appt. doc said I didnt have swelling.  That was 2 weeks ago.  This fat on my chest is not gna go away over time.  He either didnt do enough lypo or my chest grew.  Check out these pics.  I know this is nothing grose but those are boobs not chest muscles and they werent there 5 weeks ago.  They bounce when I jump.  And this was right after running 3 miles there now a little bigger.  Is this my imagination?

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/etfhunter1/PICT1421.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/etfhunter1/PICT1409.jpg

Etfhunter, don't take this the wrong way, but you're going to have to try and stay calm and accept your chest while it heals.  Do you know why I am telling you this?

Because your chest looks really great.

It's sad what gyne does to us as men.  It's like we can never fully recover from the paranoia.  You're better off than you were I'm sure.  Just take a deep breath and remember that you have your whole life ahead of you! 

You'll be OK.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:52:02 PM by Jake »
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
just over a week post op, and have the same worries about puffy nipps. the day after surgery, and when i first got the drains removed it was fine, but now i can feel some swelling, and some bounce when i walk. i do feel the bruises below, and my doc said no to a compression garment, so i assume the flesh is healing loosely rather than tightly....?

i know it'll take time, its much better than before the surgery tho. ive also gained weight during the xmas break, and being sedentary for so long before and after the surgery, so i know im gaining weight everywhere. mens bodies store fat in the face, stomach, and chest first, so this makes sense. i assume once i get back into my workout routine, the swelling with go down, and things will go to normal. just takes time, but im impatient!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024