Author Topic: My New Surgery Experience (Sept 19)  (Read 1329 times)

Offline scottsurgery

• Posting Member
Hey guys, Joined this site like 7 years ago when I was 18 and I wanted to get surgery done. Finally nutted up a couple years ago asked to get it done and got it done now, free (In Canada).

I had purely glandular gynecomastia and had surgery on wednesday (sept 19).

I wont lie surgery felt freaking weird as I had local anastesia (HURT LESS THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD!!!). I have done a ton of reading, and was shocked when my doctor didnt offer me a compression vest, possibly because it was only glandular? (Regardless I wrapped it with a tensor since I've read about gyno for like 7 years)

Its 3 days post surgery and I am feeling pretty damn good honestly. Doc had put some liquid bandaid on the sutures so my nipple looks kind of weird right now, and is fairly puffy still (although noticably smaller than before). Is that normal?

He never offered drains, drainage or compression.

I am having some fears about how my nipples will look with the scar and still being a little puffy, I'm sure this is fairly normal. Any insight in to the fact that my nips are still puffy 3 days after surgery, normal swelling?

PS. Thanks for your posts everyone I've read a few over the years and you guys have the same feelings that I did.

I am very excited to not be immasculated by my gyno any more.

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
Boy are we in the same boat, I just had surgery today at 7:00 am. I too only had most of my gland moved on both side. Did a doctor do the surgery or did a cosmetologist do it? If a doctor does it and your insurance pays for it I believe you don't get the same benefits if you were to pay out of pocket and have cosmetologist do it. I too didnt recieve a compression vest or any bandage wraps. They could've drained it while was sleep but I don't know.

Offline scottsurgery

• Posting Member
Plastic surgeon did my surgery (didnt pay anything).

I still have some puffiness in my nipples though, how about you?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024