Author Topic: Surgery done on 22/Sept- Tubes still on  (Read 1399 times)

Offline mechhitman

• Posting Member
Had my Gyne Surgery on the 22nd of Sept, I am obese around 90kgs, The surgery was ok  :-X , i slept for a day and was sent home on monday ie 24th.

I was fixed with these drains and the doctor advised me to meet him after 4 days ie after the fluid level is less than 10ml.

I checked the fluid level last friday and saw the level was more than 10 ml , around 20ml or so...So i fixed an appointment on Monday ie 1/Oct.

Now, the questions....

1.My fluid level is less than 10ml, however I have delayed removal of the tubes and dressing by a day or 2....Will that cause a problem?

2.Will I be able to take bath like everyday, after the tubes are removed?

3.Can I remove the compression vest for maybe an hour or so ,everyday?

Offline rajkaran

• Bronze Member
About removal of compression vest, I got my surgery done on 24th sep. Doctor asked me to remove the garment everyday for few minutes to have a sponge bath. But since I felt very irritation and itchy, I booked an appointment for 28th. He removed the garment, opened the dressing and found that many parts of my body got wounds developed because of the tight garment. After that I'm wearing vest and over that garment. The wound is not increasing though the ones existing are still to cure.

But he advised me to remove garment every night and wear only on day :D. Also asked me to remove the dressing myself, take shower everyday and then redress myself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024