Author Topic: 2 days post op  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Angelo

• Posting Member
Had surgery two days ago (Glandular excision & lipo). Think it went really well. Chest looking good. No real bruising at all. However, this compression vest is really annoying! Car journeys are also really bad. The bumps in the road cause real pain!

A question for anyone. Should one redress the wound sites after showering, or just leave them off when they come off? I haven't had a shower as yet?...

Offline Angelo

• Posting Member
Also, is it bad to be too active after surgery. I mean, I know it is not advised, but will it hinder the final results?...

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
congrats! yes the vest is completely annoying...I drive myself so I can really slow down for those potholes otherwise you should put ur hand on ur chest to minimize any movements. It does pain a lot with the bumps on the road!

I didnt have any drains but my chest was covered with some surgical duct tape (3M ioban 2 dressing). I showered with that on until it came off on its own. I actually used a rain plastic thing I got at niagara falls to cover that area and have a shower the first 3 days and then let the thing get wet.

being very active can increase swelling I have heard. So first week I would suggest only walking around neigborhood nothing strenous. You can start low intensity walking on a treadmill the second week (thats what I did). There is a post surgical workout FAQ on this site which seems a good thing to follow regarding activity. Dont lift anything heavy and careful while making turns during driving and getting in/out of the car for atleast 1-2 weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024